1 Camp

Today I was going to camp. My brother was coming too. I was 2 years younger then him but we were in the same grade. He called me a genius and begged our parents to let me skip grades.

They eventually did and he and I do everything together. Well besides when I'm with my best friend Kari.

I skip up the stairs to the camp. My long blood red hair trailing behind me. My emerald green eyes shining with excitement.

I may be smart but I preferred sports over computers.

"Be careful Clare!" Izzy whines. I turn and give him my signature smirk.

"My dear dear brother the probability of me falling down the stairs is that of 9.5% so shush." I laugh. He flashes me a small smile.

I jump up the last few steps when I hear a boy call out,

"Who wants to play soccer?" I immediately race over to the boy.

"You mean who wants to lose to me in soccer?" I ask innocently. The boy looks shocked. He may be 3 heads taller then me but izzy knows I beat everyone at soccer.

"Your on." He mutters. Some other people gather around me including a boy my age.

The boy drops the ball and the game is on. I quickly steal the ball and before the boy knows it, I score. He snaps out of his shocked daze and I smirk.

He grabs the ball but I run circles around him. I steal then score then steal and score again. He was actually pretty good

After a while I'm winded.

"Wow I didn't think you were that good." I praise the boy. He just gives me a weird look.

"You look familiar." I say and snap my fingers.

"Ohhhhhh your Kari's brother! I'm Clare." I say to him and take off my shoes.

"Oh so your Clare. She talks about you a lot. You skipped two grades didn't you?" He asked following suit.

"Yep." I say. He grins at me and we both lay down with our shoes off.

"How did you steal those balls from him?" A boy said walking up. The boy my age with him.

"Quite easy actually he's like a giant and moves pretty slow!" I laugh. The boy my age does too.

"Well my names Matt and this is my brother TK." The older boy says.

"Clare and my brother is izzy he's somewhere around here." I say.

"My names Ty." The boy I beat said.

"Well good sirs it was quite a pleasure to meet you but I must take my leave. I have been waiting for the lunch people to make cupcakes!" I say and do a little happy dance.

"Ooo can I come?" TK asked. I nod happily and the boys stand awkwardly. I face palm.

"Come on your big boys! Make friends. Or do you really need a little girl to help with that." I say to them. TK laughs loudly and he and I high five.

"Let's go I have officially appointed you as my friend." I tell TK. The boy nods with a goofy grin.

"Izzy, where ever the heck you are I'm going to get cupcakes!" I yell out. I shrug my shoulders and the two of us jump down the stairs.

"Okay let's play 20 questions." Suggest TK. I smile.

"Okay favorite color?" I ask.

"Blue, you?" He asks. I look down at my green flowy shirt, black shorts and green Convers. My arms were covered my different color green and white friend ship bracelets Kari made me. My legs were covered by white knee socks.