Chapter 3

"Okay! Hand in your quizzes!" Mr. Krabuhs shouted into the class and resumed to drink his afternoon ink tea.
'I can't wait!' Orae excitedly thought, shaking the table slightly.
Orae wasn't excited about the quizzes, she was actually excited to meet Bluzi after school to talk about his schedule and stuff. It did sound kinda boring to Orae, but she was willing to do anything for popularity!
"Okay! Rest of the period is free time!" Mr. Krabuhs said after the last kid handed in his papers.
A lot of inklings spring right out of their desks.
Most boys started acting like monkeys. Some were hanging on the ceiling, others changing forms at a rapid pace only to scare others and some even punch each other for fun.
Bluzi was an oddball boy, as he just stood in the corner, reading his phone.
Of course he also had a crowd of girls surrounding him and recording his every move.
Orae slowly tucks her chair in and casually walks toward Bluzi. She had a big idiotic grin on her face but barely anyone noticed because... Well she was Orae...
"Hey, could you please excuse me? I have to talk to Bluzi... So could you please--"
Orae was then cut silent as all the students in the class stare at me dead silent.
"I'm serious..." She gulped.
Then the entire class burst into endless laughter. People laughed so hard that some even inked themselves.
"You? Talk to Bluzi? As if he wants to talk!" A girl who had a notebook full of Bluzi's movement mocked her.
Bluzi them quickly stood up and walk toward me.
"I do want to talk to her."
Dead silence once again.
"Yeah! I wanna talk to her! So what? She's a kind hearted soul that just wants friends? Too much to ask?" Bluzi shouted loudly.
Orae was no longer surprised, she was at the point where she was paralyzed by the shock she just had.
"She just wants a friend! And no one gave her a chance! And I decided to give her a chance!"
Bluzi stomps over to Orae and held her hand gently as he raises it.
"People don't understand this? This is friendship!" Bluzi yells over the bell sound.
"That's what she needs! She no freak! And if you can't see that maybe you are!"
Then he pulled Orae out the door.

"Wow... Thanks!" Orae still couldn't believe Bluzi said that to the entire class.
"It's fine... You deserve the attention anyway..." Bluzi smiled.
Orae couldn't register what just happened. Sure the whole incident a month ago was more of something that couldn't be real, but to her being noticed not through humiliation is something on a whole new level of dream like.
"All right! Let's head on to squidplaza cafe! Which is my first tip of the day, always go to squidplaza cafe for meetings."
Orae nods gently. Maybe it was going to get more interesting than she thought.

"Remember! Tip number 3: when eating remember not to make any odd sounds!" Bluzi pointed at Orae's coffee.
She nods and takes a silent sip and wipes her mouth.
"Good! You're learning already!"
The day went fast for Orae because she was most interested in these tips. Though she didn't get to chat to Bluzi, she was almost positive that they had become friends.
"Thank you Bluzi! Your tips are amazing!" I shouted while waving goodbye.
Bluzi waved back and got on the taxi.

'I should probably call a taxi as well, juuuust in case...' She thought as she dialed the taxi number.

(Narration mode activated!)

That night she studied all night. Reading the terms over and over again until her brain couldn't possibly forget them anymore.
Even so she was still reviewing it...
And reviewing it...
And reviewing it...
And...

*MEEP* *MEEP* *MEEP*

"TIP 31: NEVER BE FALL ALSEEP WHILE IN CLASS!" Orae sprung up and yelled.
"Oh... It's already eight..." She mumbled.
She felt like a brand new person today! She wore her skirt and her school uniform on top just like Bluzi's instructions. She applied makeup on her cheeks and and on her lips, just like Bluzi's instructions. She even wore a pair of fancy shoes!
'I look ridiculous I bet...' I sighed as I pushed open my door with my backpack slung over one shoulder.

'Tip number 12! Greet everyone on your way to school!' She thought as she waved at everyone.
People actually smiled back!

'Tip number 72! Hold the doors open for everyone!'
She held the doors open as a gang of boys stared at her speachless, then presumed to walk into the school.
Orae was on a roll! She got so many people to notice her that it was kind of insane.
Bluzi has defiantly outdone himself trying to help her. Both the tips and the speach he made yesterday helped!
"Sorry I laughed at you yesterday..." An inkling girl walked up to Orae, then apologized.

'Somebody...
Apologized...
What...? '

'Tip number 54! Don't hold grudges!' I lecture myself.
"It's fine! I'm already used to it!" I"She laughs and pat the inkling girl on the back.
"Hey... Thanks for forgiving me... I like your shoes, maybe we should go shopping sometimes!" The inkling laughed and handed Orae her number.
It was kind weird for girls to stay in touch with cards, but none the less she took the card and smiled at her.
"Thanks again! And of course we MUST go someday!"
...Girl talk...
... The one thing I suck at...
(The one thing the Authour sucks at too...)
Orae loved the attention she recieved that day... So much that she failed to notice a hooded man following her all day...

"She's... Getting more attention!" The hooded man angrily slams his fist on the table.
"I can't let her steal my used-to-be fame!" He angrily says.
He pulls out a pocket knife and presses the button to flick out the blade.
" I must finish what I have started..."
The hooded figure then dashes away in a hurry...

(Too cliché!)