Chapter 9

(I'm calling it "Splat! I'm back!")

Today was the big day... All the inkling students filled their tanks with either orange or blue ink. They were all excited but also frightened.
It was beginning soon....

Orae pat Plis on the back.
"Don't worry... I'm always backing you up no matter what you choose!" Orae encouragingly says with a smile.
Plis seemed to have trouble picking. He liked blue as much as he likes orange: blue is more relaxing during battles and he can think of strategies, and orange is a brute force always pushing forwards. They both had their advantages and disadvantages...
"I'll just go with Blue I suppose... Try not to splat you!" Plis jokingly laughs.
Orae was proud of Plis becoming such a great character. For some reason her head told her that Plis can't be trusted, but she looked past that and now she can easily call someone when in pain...
"Try not to end up in the other end of my chargeshot!" Orae laughed even harder.
"Well I guess we'll find out soon enough who gets splatted!" Plis waves goodbye as he heads over to blue to fill his tank.
Orae sighs and fills her tank as well.

"Hello fellow students and welcome to the final exam! Starting our examination are the volunteers who would like to go first. Now then does anyone want to?" Mr. Krabuhs spoke into the megaphone from a glass tower in the middle of the battlefield.
The inklings look at each other uneasily and points at each other, some even pushing others up front.
An orange inkling steps up and slaps his chest with his fist.
"I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!" The inkling yells then breaks into a crazy laugh.
The other inklings stood there for a moment before realizing the joke and laughed alongside with him.
"Okay mister everdeen... (Snort)... You may go first." Mr. Krabuhs smiles and directs him to the launch pad.
"Alrighty anyone else? Hm?"
Orae didn't want to just yet. She wanted to face Plis and see who's more better at ink studies.
"Bring it on! BOOYAH!" A inkling simply named Orange (reference to my insta) shouted out jumping forward.
"Why not? Come on!" A blue inkling hopped to the launch pad and smirked at the oranges.
"I'll give it a go..." Another blue inkling trudges out the crowd.
The team slowly fell in place and soon enough the two teams were complete, lined on each side of the course and getting ready.
"Okay! Since both teams are ready we will begin! Riiight after I remind you of the 312 rules of turf wars--"
"I GOTS TEH POPCORN SO LETS BEGIIIIIN" the gym teacher bashed the bell button and off the inklings go, covering their grounds with colourful vibrant colors.
"Orange has great maneuver around enemy fire and--"
"SHE SPLASHED TEH BLUE GUYS!!!! WANT SOM DIET COKE?!"
Orange looks up and waves at te gym teacher,
"No thanks! I prefer regular c--"
Just as she was finishing a blue roller ran her over.
"ouch! Right in the--"
"EVERYWHERE!!!!"
The match was fast paced but Orae kept track of the situation.
'They are too focused on their base! Blue team needs to push forward!' She thought to herself.
Things were looking grim for Team Blue...
"Alright! Only one more min-- oooo right in the gut...  One more minute until-- ouch! That must hurt... Until the match is over!" Mr. Krabuhs cringed again at the painful splatters left and right.
"GET MEH SOM MORE DIET COKE!!!"
The timer ticked at and the teams were balanced enough to come to a draw. Orae still thought orange had the advantage but blue was also catching up fast.
The whistle blows loudly though out the field signalling the end of the three minute match.
A chubby cat waddles into the glass room and snatches away the megaphone in Mr. Krabuhs hands.
"Meow meow meow meow (alright that was a pretty tight match!). Meow meow meeew.... (But the winner issssss...)"
The cat does a little jig like dance then pulls out a bright orange flag with a squid symbol on it.
"Meow! (Orange!)"
The orange team jumps up and down and scream in joy. Orae snickered when she saw one of the orange squids hug their splatling gun.
The blue team in the other hand flip to their knees, some crying and most of them banging their heads on the cement floor.
'Ouch!' Orae thought rubbing her head.

"Alright! Next team of oranges is Judy! Hugo! Orae! And a inkling who's not registered here for some reason...!" Mr. Krabuhs yells into the megaphone.
Orae shivers a little. It was her time to test her skill...
"Blue team! Kris! Jacob! Inklee! And Enn."
The boys high five each other and girls shake hands with pleasure.
"Alright everyone are you ready to--"
"START SPLATTIN!!!"
Mr. Krabuhs stares at the gym teacher angrily.

A minute into the match and Orae was doing fine! She already splatted eight inklings with her home made splat charger. The compition was tight but it was still anyone's game.
Orae covered most ground in her team and was able to call upon the ink strike on her opponents several times. She found a good camping place to snipe people and when no-one is around, cover some good ground.
"This is not too bad!" She said as she splatted another inkling.
"Oh it's just about to begin!" A blue inkling whispers to himself raising a roller high about to bring it down.
The surprise attack was shortly inturrupted as a jet of orange ink splashed the blue inkling and making him combust into orange ink.
"Remember to look behind you!" A familiar voice came from behind Orae.
Orae turns to thank the owner of the voice but was cut off when she saw the who it was....

"Bluzi?"

----------------------------------------------
Sorry guys this chapter was a bit rushed because I am literally in bed half asleep at midnight right now... So... Please forgive me for the short descriptions and cheesy cliffhanger :D