Chapter 12 (part 1)

TA-DA! Hhahahahaha :) here's chapter 12 COMMENT AND VOTE ALRIGHT.

-------

Chapter 12

A blinding light woke me up from my dreamless sleep, I tried to roll over but something was blocking my path. I opened my eyes the slightest bit, noticing a figure hovering over me.

"Carrrllyyyyyyyy.... Turn the lights off!" I groaned, snuggling deeper in my pillow.

"I would if I could turn off the sun." She giggled.

"Then shut the curtains!"

"There are no curtains."

"Put new ones."

"Don't be so bossy, and besides, where am I supposed to hang the curtains?" She laughed.

What? Of course the curtain rack.

"Just pull something on the windows!" I commanded,"Please."

"There are no windows." She guffawed. Now I was confused. I opened my eyes fully and let them adjust to the blinding light.

"What do you-" I let out a shriek, noticing a guy next to me.

"What is Josh doing in my bed?!" I asked.

"He's not in your bed Sheena, you're on the roof." She laughed again. I glanced around me, and indeed, we were on the roof, laying on a blanket.

"Wizzugoinon?" Josh rubbed his eyes, removing his arm from my waist.

"We slept on the roof! That was dangerous! We were both asleep! Alex could have been here and kidnap us when were most vulnerable!" I said.

"Chill, you have other guards you know." He told me, gesturing to the four guards stationed at each corner of the roof.

I grimaced, "So, you're telling me they watched me sleep the whole time?" I shuddered at the thought.

"Yeah, pretty much." Josh shrugged. So did that mean they were watching our date the whole time? They watched us kiss? They saw us dance together? That's just... Creepy.

"It's eight o'clock, Saturday." Carly told me.

"What?" She's confusing me again.

"It's eight o'clock and its a Saturday."

"I know, so what?" She face palmed.

"The cake testing is today sheena."

I think Carly is starting to go crazy,"Cake testing!? What cake testing?"

"Your mother scheduled the cake testing for your birthday today! Remember? 9:00."

"Can't you ask mom to move the cake testing date tomorrow?" I sighed. I wasn't in the mood. Carly's eyes softened, Josh shifted uncomfortably on the blanket.

"What? Did I say-"I stopped what I was saying when it dawned on me. My mom. She's dead. And before she died she had prepared this huge over the top sweet sixteenth for me.

My eyes stung with tears. What kind of ungrateful daughter was I? Forgetting mom. Forgetting what happened. I just went on a stupid date and I forgot all about her. Tears streamed down my face.

"Mom died only yesterday afternoon." I choked out,"She shouldn't have died! I should've died! I'm an ungrateful bratty daughter who's too smitten with her boyfriend that she forgot her mothers death! Who does that? I'm stupid, an idiot. A brat. A bitch. A-"

Warm hands wiped away the tears from my eyes. I cried even more, this was all my fault. I think-- I think it's time to end this.

<<<<>>>>