Betrayal

- Isabella's POV - 

I felt Ethan stiffen and a cloud of anger and fear come over him. He immediately put his arm around my waist and pulled me in close to him. Something bad was about to happen. 

Nancy chuckled in the most blood curling way ever. I shivered. 

"You thought I wouldn't catch you again, lover boy?" Nancy chuckled again staring at Ethan. 

"Don't you dare say another word Nancy" he snarled at her, pulling me into him even tighter. 

Suddenly the most unexpected and unimaginable thing happened. Nancy raised her hand up and Ethan went full speed crashing into the bushes a few meters behind us. This was beyond my belief. I ran to Ethan to go help him and see what had happened, but just then I felt a thin sharp claw-like finger scratch me. 

"What the hell!" I scream, looking at a painfully deep cut on my arm. The bright red blood on my arm was dripping down to my fingers. I couldn't feel any pain, I was already in so much emotional pain and confusion. This was all so crazy and disgusting. 

"Do you know what happens when you do something Nancy doesn't like? You pay for it. Pay for it real bad." Nancy says to me. 

"I'm not scared of you." I shriek. Even though I was actually scared as fuck. I don't know why I just said that. 

"You'll regret saying that. Ha." 

Nancy grabs my hair and starts pulling me towards the mansion. I howl, wail and bawl in pain, praying that Ethan would come and help me. 

"ISABELLA! NANCY YOU BITCH, STOP." I hear Ethan screaming.

Abruptly Nancy lets go of my hair and my face falls flat on the floor. I quickly get up but Nancy doesn't let me go to Ethan, she grabs on to my arm tightly, clawing me with her nails really. 

"Wow Ethan, I've never seen you go this far for any girl before. You knew what I could do to you, and you always bowed down to me. But this time you've been a very very bad boy."

"Wait, what? What other girl?" I interrupt, even though I shouldn't have.

Nancy laughs as if she's about to tell the best joke of her life.

"Poor girl. He made you feel like the only girl in the world didn't he? He's really good at this game."

She stops for a second and then starts screaming as if heaven was colliding with hell. 

"WELL GUESS WHAT? YOU AINT ANYTHING SPECIAL BUT A STUPID BRATTY LITTLE GIRL WHO LOST HER FAMILY. TRAGIC? NOT TO ME. NOT TO ETHAN. ETHAN DOESN'T THINK YOU'RE SPECIAL. HE DOESN'T EVEN CARE ABOUT YOU. HE'S DONE THIS TO AN UNCOUNTABLE NUMBER OF GIRLS BEFORE YOU. AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO AFTER YOU DEAD LIKE YOUR FAMILY." 

My heart stops. But not in a good way like it did every time I was with Ethan. I felt it intensely cracking. Shattering into a million pieces and falling down and down and then finally all those pieces crashed and I explode in fury. 

"MY FAMILY ISN'T FUCKING DEAD." I scream back at her. Before she says anything else I quickly turn around and look at Ethan, my eyes full of hatred, pain and anger. But mostly pain. 

For a second I melt. He looks so helpless and fragile like he could break any second. He has bruises on his a swollen up scratch on his left cheek. Why wasn't he even moving out of those bushes though? It was like he was glued to them. He stared back right into my eyes. His eyes looked as loving, trustworthy and beautiful as they always did. I couldn't believe he turned out to be complete trash. 

"Thanks a lot. You didn't even help me in any way, you got me in trouble and now I probably won't even get to go back home soon. And you're a fucking disgusting liar and cheat. I hate you so so much." 

He doesn't move. He doesn't react. He laughs. He fucking laughs. 

I point my middle finger at him. He smirks. 

Nancy pulls me by my arm and drags me towards the dreadful mansion. 

As we go, I look back at Ethan and he shamelessly stares back right into my eyes with a smirk on his face. Everything that happened yesterday, everything he said is stabbing my head like crazy. I thought I was so close to going back home and saving my family but now I was farer than ever from that. I never felt this kind of horrid pain in my life before. It was even worse than the glasses that had sliced by skin. 

**A/N; SORRY I KNOW THERES SO MUCH TENSE CHANGE UGHH IM GOING TO CHANGE IT ALL TO ONE TENSE. should i do past or present??!