Chapter 9; Rewards of the sinful

I paced up and down my room trying to weigh out the possibilities, how could I have been so stupid ; this was never supposed to happen, well not this soon. I took a deep breath and peered down at the stick, two lines staring me dead in the face; how could I let this happen. I text the only person I could count on to come round. I sat on the floor in my room and thought long and hard, I knew who's child it was that wasn't an issue but I wasn't sure how to deal with this.

My door opened and closed, I looked up to see my cousin Mya smiling at me.

"What's wrong Nae, you look like you're ready to cry" she said sitting opposite me. I sighed

"I'm pregnant again" I said quietly. She raised her eyebrow knowing it had nothing to do with Jaiyden this time.

"Who's is it" she asked. I looked away

"Richy's" I said not bothering to look up. She kissed her teeth

"Naeyah man why are you doing this? Okay so Dami don't want you that doesn't mean you need to mess things up for everyone else. You're doing all this for what? Do you think he's going to magically turn around and start confessing undying love for you?" She said. I know she wasn't trying to be harsh but it hurt the same.

"You don't know what it's like to live in the shadow of a child you never knew, they treat me like I wasn't supposed to happen because I wasn't her. It's not even about Dami anymore, I actually like Richy Mya" I spat. I refused to cry.

"Naeyah, Zaniyah would have loved you just the way you are, and your parents love you Nae I know you don't think so but they do, I mean yes they are still grieving their loss but that doesn't mean they love you any less. Are you sure about that or is it the fact that he shows you the attention Dami doesn't that draws you to him" she said. I sighed

"It's not about Dami anymore, I get it he doesn't want me. Richy's different, he actually cares about, and surprisingly I care about him to, at first it was just to spite Phoenix but its not about that anymore" I replied stroking my stomach

"I'll sort it out" I said to her. She looked at me with concerned eyes but nodded.
I had to sort this.

************************************************

I sat in the bathroom and rocked back and forth gently as I waited to see what deep down I already knew, what would I do? I knew my mum would support me, I had spoken to her about it already; she wasn't pleased but she would stick by me. That just left him. I smiled to myself as flash backs of that night played through my head; I loved him that I knew for sure. My timer dinged and I stood up shakily, it was now or never. I picked up the stick and saw the two lines right before my eyes. I put it back down, washed my hands and walked back into my room.

"So how did it go?" She asked me smiling. I half smiled back at her

"I'm pregnant" I whispered back to her. Her smile widened as she came over to hug me

"I'm so excited for you" she said as she pulled away. I wiped away the stray tears.

"What's wrong?" She asked sitting next to me. I sighed

"How am I supposed to tell him I'm pregnant?, what if he doesn't want it? How am I going to finish uni?"I said in a rush. She rubbed my back

"Listen it's all going to be fine I promise, and you know he's not like that. We've finished second year it's only third year left, you keep going until you can't any more then you finish the rest from home" she said making me feel a little better. I placed my hands on my stomach and smiled a little.