I'm Pregnant Cody

I hear the front door open and keys being put in the glass container next to the door. I feel fingers brush through my hair. I open my eyes and see Cody.

He gives me a half smile and whispers. "Hey,"

I hug him. "We should wake Kendal. She really wants to show you what we got at the shops." I leave Cody in the lounge room.

I shake her. "Kendal, uncle Cody's here."

She smiles. "Yay!" She throws her sheets off and runs into the lounge room.

Cody hugs her. "How did shopping go?"

" I had so much fun. Ashton said she'll take me to the mall every Thursday just like Mum did."

Cody has a genuine smile. "Thank you." He mouths.

I nod.

Kendal stands up. "Aunty Ashton brought me this t-shirt."

Cody reads 'Big Sister' and turns to me. "Is this true?"

"Yes, you are going to be a Daddy."

Cody stands. "I need to take Kendal to bed." He leaves the room with Kendal.

I sit in the lounge room and wait for him.

I'm not going to like what he has to say to me.

I feel my heart plummet into my stomach.

I think I'm going to be sick.

I run into bathroom and tears start to fall down my cheek. I swipe angrily at them. I lean over the toilet and empty my stomach.

"Ashton," Cody whispers, as he enters the bathroom.

I look at Cody and he has tears in his eyes.

I wash my hands and face.

I follow him into the lounge room and settle into one of the grey lounges.

Cody sits next to me and pulls me into his arms.

I lie you head on his shoulder. "When do you get the test results?"

He runs his fingers through my hair. "I already got them."

"And?"

He sighs. "Jacob is my son."

I push him away. Tears stream down my face and my nose becomes a streaming faucet.

" I need to go." I pick up my stuff and run from the building.

I hear footsteps behind me.

I lock myself in the car and put the key in the ignition.

He bangs on the window. "You can't leave like this Ashton. Think about the baby."

That's what I'm doing.

I pull out of the parking lot. My vision is blurred and I don't see the car that crashes into mine. The glass shatters and my legs are trapped between the wheel. My hands are wrapped around my stomach and my head hits the steering wheel.

I let the darkness take me away from the pain.

***

Cody

Ashton runs from my place after I told her I'm the father of Jacob.

I didn't want to tell her the lie.

What I need to find out is why Terry-Dee and Xavier are working together to hurt Ashton.

I lift the handle on the door and it won't budge. I knock on the window. "You can't drive home like this. Think about the baby."