Day 80/I know you

A nurse walks into the room and tells me. "The Doctor had to put you in a medical induced coma to help your brain heal from the car accident." The only thing that ran threw my head was 'is my baby alright?' When she told me I protected my baby I cried with relief.

She told me 'That I needed to get away. The stress isn't good for my baby."

I agreed with her.

When she left the room I climbed out of bed and put my clothes on. I picked up my handbag from inside the cupboard and I walked out.

I was waiting for someone to notice I left. When no-one calls me back I head to the sliding glass doors and escape from the hospital.

A taxi stops in front of the hospital and I climb in. "Where to miss?"

I smile. "A hotel in Laguna Beach. I don't care which one."

The taxi pulls away from the curb.

I watch people walk through the park with their families and I hear the honks of cars as people drive through downtown Los Angeles.

The taxi comes to a stop in front of a hotel. I pay the driver and step out.

***

For the past week I have been keeping tabs on my brother dearest. He hasn't been keeping a low profile. I watched him enter the hospital room where I was in a coma and I heard what he whispered to me. I saw the riot he was in at the prison and him being put into a body bag.

I walk through the streets of Laguna Beach. I stop at a store that sells seashell bracelets and I pick up one for Kendal.

I walk out of the store and I crash into a woman. She looks like me. Blonde hair, blue eyes, tanned skin, she's an inch shorter than my 5.5ft.

My eyes narrow. "Do I know you?"

She shakes her head. "No, I don't think so."

She starts to walk past me.

I touch her arm. "I know you. H-ho-how are you still a-al-alive? Father told us you died during child birth."

I can't believe Xavier's mother is in front of me.

She sighs. "I didn't. He paid me to keep quiet."

"Are you going to help me with your son?"

She nods. "Yes, there is something I need to tell you. He's not my only child with your father."

I frown. "Dad had two kids Xavier and me."

"You are my daughter, Ashton."

I step away from her. "Y-yo-you can't be my m-mot-mother." I stutter.

My back hits the brick wall and I slide down it.

She steps forward and kneels to my level. "It's true. You saw it the moment you looked at me. We look alike you can't deny that, sweetheart."

My vision becomes blurred. "My entire life has been a lie? My brother wants me dead from the wrong doing of our father and his wife."

She sits next to me and I lie my head on the stranger. "What's your name." I ask.

She half smiles. "I am Lauren Johnston."

"It's nice to meet you, Lauren."

I don't know how long I sit on the ground with my birth mother. It just feels nice to be with her.

My stomach grumbles.

Lauren looks at me. "Do you want to have dinner with me? I want to get to know my daughter."