The Proposal

This is the last chapter before the Epilogue.

***

The sun shines into my room. I throw my hand over my eyes and move under the covers a bit more.

I hope Cody will be there tonight.

I sigh.

A knock on the door followed by a female saying. "Housekeeping."

I hear the door click open and the person steps into the room.

The woman jumps. "I'm sorry, Miss. I can come back if you like." She has her hand over her heart.

I shake my head. "You can stay. I'm going to get dressed in the bathroom while you clean the room."

I pick up my hand bag and some clothes. I open the door to the bathroom. I drop my clothes on the counter and step into the shower.

After the shower I change into a white dress that ends above the knees. I put my hair up in a bun.

The housekeeper is still cleaning the room. "Goodbye," I exit the room.

I walk around Paris and stop at the Louvre. There's heaps of people waiting to get inside.

I stand in line with the people to get in.

The piece of art in the louvre I want to see is the Mona Lisa. The line slowly moves. I pay for my ticket and I enter the exhibits. The first thing I come across is nude statues of men. There's a picture of the Mona Lisa. I follow the signs and then the sign disappears.

Mona Lisa is a bitch to find.

I feel like I've been walking forever to find the picture. I watch a lady do her own copy of one of the pictures hanging on the wall in the Louvre.

A security guard stands in the room and I approach him.

Time to see how well my French is.

"Excusez-moi, peux tu me dire ou je peux trouver la Mona Lisa." (Excuse me, can you tell me where I can find the Mona Lisa.)

The male security guard smiles. He tells me where it is.

I follow his instructions to the painting. People are crowding around the painting and taking pictures with it. It takes me half an hour to get to the front of the line for a forty second photo.

I walk around looking at the stuff that's inside the louvre.

I look at the time and realise that I need to go to the Eiffel Tower and meet Cody at the top.

***

At the Eiffel Tower I pay for my ticket to the top. The guy at the ticket register looks at me. "I hope the guy you plan to meet will be there tonight."

I smile. "I know he will. My Mum called me the other day saying that he left the United States. I better go before he thinks I stood him."

I walk over to the lift and take it to the top.

When I reach the top I find a place in a corner and I look around this beautiful city from atop this iconic tower.

People keep knocking into me.

I turn to the lift as the doors open again letting people out. I see Dick, Sandra, Kendal they walk over to the other side of the tower.

Where's Cody?

Someone taps my shoulder.

I turn to them.

Cody has a camera in his hand. "Excuse me, Miss. You are beautiful. Do you mind if I take a picture of you?"