Chapter 10

I packed up the papers and placed them back on the shelf. Stuffing the picture in my pocket I headed out of the Library and made my way to the hospital. I didn't want to make any assumptions, but if I wanted to find out the truth, I had to find Naruto's birth certificate. Of course the hospital probably won't let me for suspicious reasons so the only way to get it is to sneak in. I started jumping from building to building, my anxiety was getting the better of me. I landed in a tree and studied the hospital, looking for where the records would be kept and where to go to get in.
"Kyuko"
I looked down. My face heated up with embarrassment. Kiba was standing below the tree with a hand in Akamaru's head as he barked.
"What are you doing?"
"Uh.....nothing."
Kiba lifted an eye brow. Great, the first conversation we have and he probably already thinks I'm weird.
"Your obviously doing something if your in a tree." he said
I sighed. I wanted to tell him what I was doing but then he would question why I was doing it and......why does it have to be a long story?
"If you really must know." I sighed "I'm trying to figure out a way to get into the hospital unnoticed."
"Why would you want to do that?"
I sighed heavily
"Long story short, I'm a curious person."
"Why?"
I groaned
"Just....please, Kiba let me think."
I leapt from the tree branch to get a closer view of an open window close by. From what I could see, there were filing cabinets inside.
"Perfect!"
I was about to jump when someone grabbed my arm.
"Wait!"
I turned around to find Kiba with my arm in his hand.
"What is it?" I asked, slightly annoyed.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be annoying, I just wanted to know what you were doing. I can help you." He said in a gentle voice.
I couldn't help but feel guilty for being rude. I looked into his eyes and saw......I could quit put my finger on it but......he had a look in his eye that triggered something inside of me.
"Ok, you can come." I said quietly.
He gave a little smile be before letting go of my arm.
"Where's Akamaru?" I asked
"He's at the bottom."
I looked down and saw the huge dog look up at us, shaking his tail.
"Why isn't he with you, aren't you guys always together?"
"Yeah, but don't worry" He looked at the hospital. "So what exactly are you doing."
"I'm trying to find a place where birth certificates would be held."
"Why would you want birth certificates? And who's, if you looking for one that belongs to a certain person?"
"I'm trying to look for Naruto's." I looked at him.
"What?" He gave me a questioning look.
"I'm trying to find out who his parents are."
"Why would you want to find out that? I don't even know who his parents are. In fact, I don't think anyone knows."
"Anyone our age won't but what about my dad, Asuma sensei, Kurenai sensei and Guy sensei, anyone older would know but would not have told us."
"Then why haven't they told us?"
"That's the thing, I did a bit of research and thought, Naruto's last name is Uzumaki, according to the the Uzumaki traits, the members of the clan have red hair, Naruto's hair isn't red-"
"-This is kinda off topic but what got you fixated on his parents?" He interrupted.
"...Last night my dad was telling me a quick story on his life, he mentioned that his sensei Minato Namikaze became the Fourth Hokage and how him and his wife Kushina Uzumaki had a child, my dad didn't tell me who the child was in order to protect the child from the Fourths enemies, the ones he made in the third great ninja war, my dad left on a mission this morning so I took the liberty to do some research at the library."
"What did you find out?"
"Pretty much the same as what my dad told me, and that Kushina was the Second nine tails Jinchuriki host, luckily there was a picture amongst the information."
Kiba stayed silent. I pulled the picture out of my pocket and handed it to Kiba.
"Look at their faces, who else has the same features?"
Kiba studied the picture for a few minutes.
"Naruto." Surprise in his voice.
I nodded.
"Naruto has the same spiky blonde hair and blue eyes as the Fourth Hokage and the same face as Kushina, he was given his mother's last name in order to be protected from his dad's enemies, that's why he's called Uzumaki and has no red hair."
"But you don't know if he's really their son." Kiba looked up from the picture.
"That's why I'm confirming it by finding his birth certificate."
Kiba handed that photo back to me.
"I'm heading for that window of there." I pointed in it's direction.
I moved from our position and climbed through the window with Kiba at my heel.
"So which one is it?" He asked, looking at the filing cabinets.
"I don't know."
I picked a draw of a random filing cabinet and opened it, I rampaged through the files before closing it.
"Well?" Kiba asked
I shook my head.
"Well it's got to be somewhere here" Kiba began rummaging through a draw. There were all sorts of papers in the files, test results, old records, stuff that I didn't even understand but no birth certificates. We had rummaged through almost all the cabinets.
"Maybe it's not even in here" Kiba said
"Where else could it be?"
"I don't know, another room, the Hokage Tower, Naruto's apartment."
"I highly doubt his birth certificate would be in the Hokage Tower and why would he keep his birth certificate is he doesn't even know his parents."
"My mum has my birth certificate."
"Aren't you forgetting, a birth certificate has the parents names."
Kiba sighed.
"It is possible that it is in another room." I said.
I pulled open a draw, there was a tag on one of the files that said birth certificates. My heart began to thump with excitement. I opened the folder and found a sheet of paper. I pulled it out and studied it. Bingo.
"What's that." Kiba looked over my shoulder.
I could feel my face turn red from this action.
"I-I I've found it"
There it was, under the word [Parents] were the names Minato Namikaze and Kushina Uzumaki.
"See, I told you" I turned my head to look at him. Kiba's eyes were wide as he stared at the birth certificate. He turned his head so it faced mine.
"You are Kakashi's daughter" he said.