Chapter 15

Dad closed the door as we entered the apartment. I still remember what he said to me back at the warehouse, 'What's this fascination about Kiba?' My stomach turned every time I remembered. But luckily he said he wanted to talk about it in the Hidden Leaf. Wait, we are in the hidden leaf!

"Kyuko." Dad began.

My heart thumped and my face heated up. In order to avoid the question, I grabbed the first door handle I saw and closed myself on the opposite side.

"Kyuko." Dad stepped in front of the door on the other side.

I breathed in nervously, my heart thumped and my face burned. The question was coming, and I didn't want to answer it. If I avoided the question, dad will suspect that somethings up, and if I told him.....I don't even want to think about it. Even if I've grown up without a dad, I do know that he'd probably be on alert if he found out, which would make things even worse. I've also seen it happen to girls my age in the Hidden Lock.
Dad knocked on the door.

"Kyuko, why are you in the storage cupboard?"

Storage cupboard? I turned around, about two feet way from me was shelving, containing towels, blankets and other essentials.
Great I thought.

If I made a rush for it, it would raise dad's suspicions even more. I took a deep breath, bracing myself for any question. I twisted the handle and the door squeaked open.
Dad gave me a questioning look. I sighed.

"What is it?" I asked as if nothing was wrong.

"Why were you in the storage cupboard?"

"I wanted to avoid your question." Why did I just say that!? Now he's gonna have even more suspicions! Good work Kyuko, well done!

"I was going to ask if you wanted to come help me move you and your mums stuff."

"What?" I froze

"I'm going to help your mum move here, do want to come and help?"

"She's moving here?"

"Do you expect her to be living in the hidden Lock after what's happened? What did you think I was going to ask?"

"Oh nothing, nothing that we need to worry about." I said.

Dad lifted an eyebrow.

"Ok, well, do you want to come."

I wasn't exactly in the mood.

"I can't....I...I'm going shopping with Sakura."

"Ok then." He said "I'll see you later."

I sighed with relief once he closed the door behind him.

"That was a close one." I said quietly.

"Now what to do." Mum and dad would probably want time together.

I stepped out of the cupboard, thinking about what I was going to do. I had just lied and needed to do something about it. Maybe I could organise something with Sakura.

I sighed.

I had no idea what to do. As I stepped into my room, there was a knock.
I raised an eyebrow as I headed towards the door. My heart stopped as I opened it.

"H-hi, Kyuko."

"Kiba, what a surprise."

Akamaru barked.
There was an awkward silence. I could feel my face heat up......not good.

"So, what's going on?" I asked.

"Ah, I-I was wondering, a-are you free?"

"Well, yes I am, a-as a matter of fact."
As I said this, his face went red, which made me nervous.