2

Dean rushed me into the house," Sam!" He called out, angrily, as we entered the library. There was a small thud, an "ow" and then a tall man with long hair and whiskey colored eyes entered the room, rubbing his head," I was asleep." He said in an accusing tone to Dean. Sam must have been the one who answered the phone yesterday.

Dean pulled a chair out from under the table and sat me down in it. He took the paper from my hands that had his number on it," Why does the paper your mother gave you have the Men of Letters symbol on it?" He yelled.

By instinct, I started crying (I always did when people raised their voices over the average level), "I don't know, I'm sorry. She just handed it to me when the men came to the house, please, don't hurt me. I don't know where she got it." I rambled through sobs.

Sam grabbed Dean's shoulder and pulled him aside roughly. He leaned in and whispered to Dean, but I was able to hear them perfectly," Dean, she just lost her mother, she just found out who her dad was and she's scared. Give her some slack."

Dean sighed, nodding and running his hand over the top of his head. He turned back to me, as I bit my lip in fear. He knelt in front of me and pointed to the symbol again," Do you know where she got this?"

I shook my head, still biting my lip. Dean sighed and threw the paper on the table, walking away and disappearing around a corner.

Tears wouldn't stop coming; I hadn't even known my father a week and I had already disappointed him.

Sam was about to go after him, then noticed me. He rushed over, kneeling in front of me. He wiped away the tears with his thumb, placing his hand on my cheek," Hey, it's okay. You didn't do anything wrong. Dean just gets stressed out easily." We were silent for a moment, just me sniffling like an idiot, when Sam spoke up," I'm Sam. We talked on the phone. I'm your uncle." He said the last part awkwardly, as if he wasn't sure. I smiled a little, wiping away the tears still left on my face," I'm Andie. Well, Andrea, but I go by Andie. Andrea is too girly and honestly, I really don't like anything girly...and I'm rambling, aren't I?" I said, quieting down.

Sam chuckled, his laughter warm and deep," That's okay. Well, my full name is Samuel, but I just go by Sam."

I smiled and stared at my feet, my converse still soaked.

"How about," Sam said," We get you cleaned up, and get you something to eat while Dean cools off." I looked up and nodded, then back down," I don't have any other clothes...I didn't have any time to get any before they came..." my voice trailed off.

Sam shrugged," That's no big deal, we can just grab some at a store or something." Sam said, grabbing the Impala keys off the table and starting to walk away," Sam, I can't let you spend money on me." I said, shyly.

I didn't like being doted on. I never wanted to become a spoiled brat, plus I was used to going without. Growing up poor, I had what I needed, not what I wanted.

Sam turned around," Kid, you need clothes, I need food and we're headed in the same direction. It's no big deal. Just grab a pair of jeans and a shirt, and you can change when we get back."

"Sam-" He cut me off," You're getting clothes, okay?" He said, gently," It's not a big deal. Think of it as a present."

I nodded," Okay."

Sam and I climbed in the Impala and drove off to a little shop at the corner of the street. Sam parked the car and took me inside. I found a pair of dark jeans that weren't too expensive and a t-shirt that looked like it fit, then cringed when the price rang up with $30.23.

Sam smiled, dimples deepening on his face," It's okay, Andie. Seriously." The bored woman on the other side of the counter handed us a bag with the clothes in it and we exited the store.