4

I practically sprinted to keep up with Sam while he was walking, but I was always a few strides behind him. "You never answered me." I said as we made our way to the stairs to go look for Dean," What is wrong with me?" I asked.

Sam walked silently, and I began to get agitated," Sam!" I yelled.

He spun around and pointed his hands at me," I don't know!" He yelled. I flinched and he sighed," I don't know what you just did, but I have a feeling it has to do with the carvings on your ribs. " He said, reloading his gun and turning around," Where did they take Dean?" He asked.

"Downstairs. Basement I think." I replied.

We dashed down the stairs towards the basement and were out of breath by the time we reached the basement from the 6th floor.

Sam turned to me as we approached the door to the basement," Do you still have the holy water?" I pulled the flask out and shook it. No sound came from it. I shook my head. He nodded and fear clouded his eyes as he realized my life was in his two hands," Okay. Stay behind me and don't walk away no matter what. Even if you see Dean. Don't leave my side." Sam said.

I nodded and stood behind Sam as he put his hand on the door, ready to push it open," On 3." He said," 1, 2,3." He whispered, throwing the door open. I stayed behind Sam as he opened fire on a bunch of demons. Silver bullets with devil's traps carved into them pinned them to the ground.

Sam's gun was knocked out of his hand by a demon and he tried to defend himself. I felt a sharp pain and turned, only to find a demon holding a blade to my throat," Sam!" I screamed.

Sam twisted the demon's neck, breaking it, and the demon dropped to the floor. He slid across the room to pick his gun back up and aimed it at the demon's head," Let her go." Sam demanded.

The demon smiled cruelly," Go ahead. Shoot. Just know that if I go down, your niece goes down right along with me."

The demon began to press and a drop of blood trickled down my neck," Drop the gun, Winchester."

Sam raised his hands in surrender as he put the gun at his feet. I trembled in fear," Sam." I managed to croak out.

"Please, just let her go." Sam said, hands still raised as he moved forward slowly. The demon pressed harder on the blade and I whimpered," She has what we all want." He said, holding my arm tightly," Why is she so much more special than the rest of us?" he said rhetorically.

Suddenly, I felt a bullet whiz by from behind me as Sam ducked. I felt the pressure of the blade be released and I fell to the ground. I turned around to find Dean, holding a gun just past where my head had been moments before.

Blood poured from a hole in the demons head.

Dean was covered in scrapes and the paleness of his skin made his freckles show more prominently. His face was hardened in anger. This emotion quickly contorted into concern as he dropped the gun and knelt to me," Are you okay?" He asked, placing his hands on my cheeks and examining my face and neck. He ran his thumb over the cut on my neck and I winced visibly. "Sorry." Dean said, immediately remorseful," I'll clean it when we get home. You okay, Sam?" He called.

Sam was dusting himself off and putting his gun away," Yeah, you?"

Dean nodded," All good here." He said.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I winced as Dean held a wet cloth to the slit on my neck. "Sorry, kiddo." He said sympathetically. He hadn't even started on cleaning it or stitching it (he was trying to clean off the blood).