5

I woke again to Dean gone, yet again. Instead, a note was in his place. In his messy scrawl read:

Hey, sweetheart.

Sammy and I got called away super early this morning. I had just put you back to sleep.

Cas should be out in the library. I told him not to try anything with you or he would have to deal with me. Get to know him, seriously. He's a great guy.

Sammy and I will be back soon. I love you, Andie. See you soon, honey.

-Dean

I smiled at his use of nicknames for me.

Castiel was outside. I was kind of afraid, because of what happened last time he showed up. However, I was a Winchester, so I gathered up my courage and walked out of the room.

I didn't eat breakfast, as usual, and strolled past the kitchen to the library," Castiel?" I called.

"Andrea?" He replied, walking in my direction. I turned a corner and bumped right into a certain trench-coated angel. He grunted in surprise when my face came in direct contact with his chest.

I backed away, my face flushing," S-Sorry, Castiel-l. I stuttered.

We stared at our feet awkwardly until Castiel spoke up," Dean left breakfast for you. If you want it." His deep voice rumbled.

I nodded," Okay." I replied in a quiet voice.

Honestly, I was afraid of the angel. I had done some research. According to religion professors, Angels could be as tall as the Chrysler Building and could level cities with the flick of their wrist. Not only was this terrifying, the last time I met him, I passed out and ended up in the hospital.

I walked right past whatever was in the bag Dean had left for me and headed for the chair I sat in every day.

I realized it had been almost two weeks. Two weeks since Dean picked me up in the pouring rain after my mother died.

Castiel then walked into the room.

I suddenly felt a surge of anger at the angel," What did you do to me, Castiel?" I asked forcefully. Castiel was confused and he looked at me, his blue eyes radiating confusion," What do you mean?" He asked me in a monotone voice.

I pointed at my chest," My ribs! There's an ancient language carved into my bones, Castiel! Am I not allowed to be a little angry about that?"

Castiel gazed at my torso, to the point where I almost got uncomfortable, and became even more confused," That's not my fault, Andrea."

"It's Andie and what do you mean?"

"Well, Andie, that was not my doing. I don't know how you got that." He said.

Utterly pissed off, I turned on my heel and walked into my room.

This was the first time I had really sat in my room. I looked at my stitches in the mirror to find that 1, they no longer hurt, and 2, the blood was all cleaned off. I fingered the thread for a moment, before sitting on the bed.

It felt empty without Sam and Dean here. There was no thudding up and down the stairs, no loud, childish arguments and no hugs. The last one was a big deal for me.

I stayed in my room for a while, pacing, looking at the old lore books on the shelves and even taking small naps.

It had to have been around 4pm when Castiel knocked on my door softly. He opened it and I found that he held one of Sam's laptops (Sam had multiple because he was so big and often broke them and also for Castiel to use.)