Their New Beginning

July 26, Tuesday

The sun was already high up in the morning sky, illuminating the earth with it's summer light. The heat it gives seems to be increasing in every second it spends in the cloudless sky. The noise made by the summer insects resounded from the nearby trees. And as the clock strikes at nine, the day was starting to become humid.

Her eyes fluttered open and they drowsily stared at the blue clock on the bedside table. "9:05" she read before closing her eyes. She always wakes up at seven but since she overworked her mind in answering her homework with her friends yesterday and she stayed up late at night, it's no surprise to her that she's exhausted. She opened her eyes once again as a thought crossed her mind. "Was it all a dream?" she asked herself in her thoughts as she remember what happened last night. Her eyes closed as if to remember the moment they kissed and hugged each other, and the moment she cried in his arms, making her cheeks to lightly flush, though she is not aware that she did. Everything that happened seemed a dream, she couldn't even believe that it happened, even though she is aware that it did. 

Staring at the crown on her study table, she reminisced what happened after their reunion. He shared stories about what he did while he was gone. He told her his reasons why he did such things. And even explained how he became a King. Of course, she listened to his tales and all she did was smile and laugh. But not when he mentioned that his father died. The mood died down for a second, but he brought it back with a grin and asked her what she did after he was gone. And so, she shared him her memories while they ate the strawberries and the puddings she bought on her bed.

A soft snore was heard from the left side of the bed, washing her drowsiness away. Slowly sitting up and looking at her back, there she saw him sleeping. His arms were spread open on his sides and his lips slightly open. His eyes closed and another snore came from him, telling her that he's deeply asleep. Her heart began to race when she noticed his shirt was unbuttoned, revealing his bare chest. Shaking her head to prevent her from thinking something embarrassing, she noticed the markings and scales on his body were still there, telling her that he's still in his demon form. But one thing caught her attention the most, she did not see his horns. "I never thought his horns were removable" she thought and laughed silently at the idea.

Smiling, she watched him turn side ways, facing her. "It must be uncomfortable that's why he had it removed" she thought as she reached for his crown on her study table. Her finger traced the golden curves on the metal which is adorned with gemstones. It's her first time seeing one in real life and to get to touch one is a pleasure for her. She read a lot of fairy tales which were mostly about Princes and Princesses when she was young. She even used to believe that fairy tale creatures exists, but that was when she was a child. However, the wish she wished about having her own Prince charming never died, until now. "And now, I got myself a King" she thought, grinning as she put the crown on her head and looked at her reflection at the small mirror on her study table.

"That's mine.."

She flinched when she heard him mumble. Removing the crown as quick as she can, she turned to look at him only to see him still asleep. "..my pudding.." he continued to mumble in his sleep, making her face to flush at his cuteness. "I guess I'll have to make him some puddings" she noted in her mind as she stood, putting the crown back on her study table. A smile forming in her lips upon seeing the little note which she was about to throw away last night, pinned back to her brown pin board. But her smile soon turned into a frown when she saw how messy her room has become.

Stretching herself, a yawn escaped her lips as she observed her messy room. Her scrapbook together with her photo albums and pictures were scattered on the floor. His royal boots along with his cape which she mistook as a rag were also on the floor. The box of candies and chocolates she received from her grandfather, her cousin and mostly from Loki were already half finished. She safely kept it in her cabinet and to think that Natsu found it because of his keen sense of smell was no surprise to her.