Carelessness are Charms too

July 28, Thursday

Summer -- a season of fireworks and fireflies, a season where people goes to the beach, a season of celebrating festivals, and a season of sunny days. A perfect season for the tired students to relax. It is known for the 'sales' it brings upon the stores and trades -- which only few people where much of delighted. And those people are the women. With those 'give aways', a so called sport that only women mostly plays seems to be exciting. And that is shopping.

Lucy sighed as her gaze travelled in a distance. Just like the previous days of summer, the red star proudly gave off its blinding light. It emitted heat that surely made some people hate the wonderful season. It was hot indeed but thankfully, the summer breeze is present to cool off the hot headed people.

"Hot headed people.." Lucy repeated in her thoughts as she remembers the pinkette who is currently home alone for almost an hour now. She intends to bring him with her but soon decided not to after what he has done which you will soon find out. Right now, she is sitting in one of the comfy bench couches of the food stall that sells special ice cones and other desserts. Together with her are her girlfriends.

"Juvia doesn't understand why Gray-sama didn't show up"

Lucy came back to herself from her thoughts when she heard Juvia spoke. Now that she mentioned it, she looked around only to notice that only the girls are present. Loki is surprisingly not there by her side as well. She was expecting him to flirt with her since Natsu wasn't around. And Jellal.. Nah, there's no way that he'll show up.

"Even Loki is absent" Lucy said as she eats a spoon full of her strawberry flavored ice cone. Soon she noticed the short haired bluenette looks at her with a mischievous grin on her lips. She squirmed under her best friend's stare. "What?" she asked in annoyance upon knowing that Levy is about to tease her.

"Heh~" Levy sang teasingly and said, "So you miss the playboy?". By hearing this, Lucy was blushing as she shook her head in a 'no' way repeatedly while Levy just laughed. Erza, who is sitting beside Lucy, just ignored the girly talk about boys and concentrated eating the strawberry shortcake that she ordered not too long ago.

"Levy-san, Love Rival has Natsu-kun"

The blonde and her other two companions that is sitting at the opposite side of the table stopped on what they are doing and stopped blinking for seconds upon what their friend said. True, Lucy has Natsu but what they are very dumbfounded about is the honorific that Juvia put after Natsu's name. Honorifics are not really important for them and Lucy seems to not mind what her friend just called her boyfriend. It's just that it's their first time hearing Juvia call Natsu by that honorific.

To them, Juvia calls people with honorifics to show how much she trust them. She calls people with '-san' to show that she trust these people as her friends, '-kun' for her close friends and is called for being safe persons from being her Love Rival, and '-sama' for the only guy that she is devoted to – who is of course Gray Fullbuster.

Recovering quickly from their shock, Erza finally spoke, "Where is Natsu by the way? Why didn't he come along?". Lucy flinched upon hearing the Great Scarlet ask but soon a frown made its way on her lips upon remembering the reason of the demon's absence.

Hours ago before Lucy met with her girlfriends, Lucy woke up from her alarm. It was a peaceful morning when she woke up because the demon did not sneak in her bed. But she thought wrong. After she took a bath and after she prepared herself for her date with her friends, she went downstairs to make breakfast.