Don't cross the line

Three rules for a demon

Rule #2 (2/2): Don't cross the line

July 31, Sunday

It was early in the morning when Lucy left the bed she is sharing with her best friend. The sky was dark but slowly lighting up, though it is still dark for an individual. After all, it was 25 minutes before six, so no wonder that the sky looks dull.

After the blonde quietly left the bathroom, she went downstairs, still in her cute pajamas. She lazily walked to the refrigerator with a glass on her hand. Lucy yawned as she pour her morning milk into her glass. Sleepiness still visible in her eyes as she watched the white liquid fill the once empty glass.

"Lucky them" she thought when she took a glimpse at the kitchen's wall clock while emptying half of her glass of milk. It was obvious that she is jealous. She is jealous of her friends who are still soundly asleep in their fluffy warm bed.

Lucy woke up for no reason. Maybe there is one, and that would be because of that mischievous Demon. It's not like she's blaming him. It's just that she hates the way he makes her think about him. Just like when he left the room last night. She barely had any sleep because of it despite of how exhausted she was. Though she doesn't remember falling asleep. And because of that, there are dark circles under her tired eyes.

Heartfilia yawned once more as she refills her half-filled glass and returned the box of milk in the refrigerator when she was done. Then, she exited the house through the backdoor. Cold air brushed her pale cheeks which soon gained color because of the temperature. With her glass of milk on her right hand, she walked on the wide porch and inhaled deeply. Smiling, she sighed in content as she observes her surroundings which is still blurry for her to see.

It was peaceful and quiet. The ocean was calm and not a sound can be heard. As if the amount of people crowding this peaceful place yesterday is just a dream. Somehow Lucy felt luckier than her sleeping friends for witnessing this silent moment of the beach. "If I can't sleep, why not relax? This is a beach after all" she thought as she left her fluffy slippers and walked down the cold steps that elevated the porch from the white sand.

Soon, the blonde reached the sandy ground. The coldness of the white ground sent her the morning chills, automatically waking her sleepy self. "Cold" was the only word she could think of as she continue to walk barefoot on the slightly wet ground. Taking a sip on her glass of milk, Lucy soon stopped on her tracks and stared at the borderline that the ocean water created.

She looked down at the clear water and smiled when she saw her reflection. Though her smile quickly vanished when she casted her gaze at her left neck. "Pervert" she mumbled when she remembered the unforgiving events that made her detest him even more. Who would not be angry to someone who saw them naked? Who would not be angry to the person who spooked them at night and did some pervert stuff to them? Well if there is one, that person must be a pervert as well.

"Hmm, at least the mark is gone" she said to herself as she traced the place where the hickey used to be. Somehow, she felt thankful that it was nowhere to be seen. It's not like she doesn't like the bite mark, it's not like she likes it either. It's just that she felt uncomfortable, especially when her pink haired boyfriend doesn't remember leaving a hickey on her delicate skin.

Taking another sip on her glass of milk, Lucy shrugged off her thoughts of yesterday's event. The past is past. She might as well forget those embarrassing moments and prepare herself for today's events. Suddenly, Lucy face palmed when the thought crossed her mind. Right, she completely forgot her schedule for today. She was so busy thinking about Natsu that she forgot her date with Loki.