The Little House

Packing to leave was really tedious for Serena. She had so much stuff but she knew that she couldn't bring it all. Oliver had said that his uncle's house was not that large, but it would be comfortable for the two of them. They had decided to travel by broomstick because they knew any enemies wouldn't detect them. Oliver had told her that it was about an hour flight, which was doable. It was also somewhere where Voldemort would never find her (or at least she hoped) unless he somehow connected the dots.

She had placed and Undetectable Extension Charm on her bag so she could fit all of Oliver's things and hers into one bag.

"Where even is Holbeton?" asked Serena as she made her way to the kitchen to pack food. Oliver was in the living room deciding which books they should bring with them.

"It's south of here," he answered.

"Yes, I gathered as much," said Serena as she opened up a cupboard and started placing things in her bag that would not spoil.

"It's a town over from Ermington."

"Which is?"

"Another small town."

Serena was beginning to understand that they were traveling to the middle of nowhere and she began to reevaluate how much food they should bring. She had no idea how long they would be staying, but the more she brought with her, the better off they would be. Serena was going through the icebox picking out a few things when something moved in the corner of her eye. She looked out the window and noticed a dark fog descending towards her house. She slowly moved towards the window wondering if it was Dementors when she realized she was in for an even worse surprise.

"Death Eaters," she whispered. Serena's heart began pounding and her blood began to race. She sprinted towards the bedroom where Oliver was packing the remainder of his clothes. "WE HAVE TO GO!"

"What? Why?" He asked off guard.

Before Serena could answer, the windows shattered and there were flashes of light everywhere. She could see the hooded figures of the Death Eaters burst into her bedroom. They were yelling and trying to grab them.

"CARROW! SHE'S THERE!" bellowed the Death Eater that was closest to her. Serena panicked and knew she had to get Oliver and herself out of this situation. She grabbed her bag and Oliver's arm and Disapparated to the first place she thought of.

Serena hit the ground hard facedown. She felt the soft grass under her hands and could hear birds chirping around her. She rolled over and saw Oliver struggling to get to his feet. She scrambled over to him and wrapped her arms around him.

"I'm so glad you're okay," she breathed. She didn't realize that she had been panting. "I'm so sorry."

"What happened?" asked Oliver. "Everything happened so quickly."

"I saw the Death Eaters coming," said Serena. "I tried to warn you, but I was scared so I ran to you. I had to make sure you'd be all right and – next thing I know – they were in the house. I had to get us out of there as quickly as possible."

"Where are we?" he asked looking around. He had a scrape on his cheek right below his eye. He must have cut it when the glass shattered, she thought.

"Forest of Dean," she said. "I dunno why I just thought of it. I used to come here with my mother when I was younger."

"Do you think they know we're here?" asked Oliver looking worried.

"I dunno," said Serena. "But, I figured if they did then they'd be here by now."

"Yeah – yeah probably," he said. Serena could tell that his mind was racing and he was trying to figure out what they should do next. They both knew that they couldn't go back to their flat. Voldemort was probably already there looking for a clue as to where they went.