Rain Fire

The winter months grew slowly into spring. Oliver was trying his best to keep Serena from going stir crazy, but her nightmares were growing steadily worse. She wanted them to stop but she didn't know what to do. She was tired of hiding but she knew that Oliver would not let her out of the house.

"I want to leave," said Serena one afternoon during the busy rush hours of the store.

"I know," said Oliver after staring at her dumbfounded. "But we don't have anywhere to go."

"I do," said Serena quietly. She regretted saying it right after it escaped her lips.

"Stop it, Serena," said Oliver. "I won't let you do anything stupid."

"Who's to say it's stupid?" asked Serena. "I'm so tired of sitting around and doing absolutely nothing! I'm tired of running! I think it's about time I face my problems head on!"

Serena didn't realize her voice was growing louder and louder.

"No one has been telling us any information! Dumbledore is too worried about protecting The Chosen One to even care about me! He probably has forgotten all about trying to keep me safe! I'm tired! I'm sick and tired, Oliver!"

"I know, Serena..." he said quietly. "But I swore to Dumbledore and to your father that I would keep you safe. I know you're tired of doing this, but I don't know what else to do. This is the only way I know how to keep you safe."

Serena took a seat at the kitchen table feeling defeated. She didn't want to live in fear. She knew this was war. People were going to die and maybe if she died then it would be for the better. But she knew that dying was the coward's way out. Dying is easy, but living is hard.

Serena lay in bed that night thinking while Oliver was fast asleep draped over her body like a blanket.

She tried to sort everything out in her head. She loved her family, even though she wasn't really sure they loved her until recently. She also loved Oliver she's probably loved him since the first time she lay eyes on him.

She wasn't even really sure that the Dark Lord wanted to hurt her. She knew that he wanted her to join him and his loyal band of Death Eaters, but deep down she knew that if she didn't, he wouldn't let her go freely.

Serena rolled over and looked out the window. The streets were dark and quiet. It would be so easy for her to sneak away. But, where would she go from there? She could go to the Malfoy Manor where the Dark Lord's servants would certainly be residing. Lucius Malfoy would call the Dark Lord immediately.

Maybe that was her best option. She could go to the Malfoy's. She wouldn't know where else to go.

Serena slowly slipped out of Oliver's arms and left him sleeping with his arms outstretched. He stirred a bit, but he didn't wake. She tiptoed to the corner of the room and slipped on her boots and a jacket, picked up her wand from the bedside table.

She looked back at Oliver and felt tears prick the back of her eyes. For some reason their first date stood out in her mind. She remembered how he looked and even though he was there under false pretenses, she liked him and she felt herself falling.

She turned away. She couldn't bear to look at him any longer. She was betraying him in every way possible. She knew that when he woke up in the morning, she would be long gone. That's what's best for the both of them. Serena knew that she was toxic and everyone close to her either gets hurt or dies.

She knew what she had to do. She slowly crept downstairs, careful not to wake anyone. She unlocked the back door and walked out into the chilly streets of Diagon Alley. There were hardly any people in sight.