• breaking up fights and explosions •

• chapter five •

==============================================================================

The school day passed as a blur, one thing on my mind.

And that one thing was Jared.

Why am I always thinking of him? I barely even met him and he's already taking over my mind. I scowled mentally, knowing I was being stupid.

But still--my mind would always drift back towards him.

His chocolate colored skin. His gleaming brown eyes. His handsome face.

The final school bell rang and I sighed in relief, thankful that it was the end of the day and I could go home.

I bundled my things into my arms before hurrying off to pack my things.

But, the hallway wasn't bustling with my peers that usually filled the hallways.

I frowned and walked deeper into the hallway, seeing our entire school huddled around a pair.

I inched forward towards the commotion.

I shoved people aside to get to the front and when I did, I gasped and my heart started to pump harder against my chest.

Jared had his large hands balled into fists, cuts sprawled across the knuckles, and blood crusted across the top. Bloods streamed down his nose, his teeth stained a dark red. His bottom lips was busted, his face covered in cuts as well.

The boy that was fighting him was barely even beaten up, a bruise on his jaw and small cut on his cheek bone.

I didn't recognize the boy. He was sneering insults at Jared, dodging Jared's hits skillfully before landing a hard punch on his face.

I cringed, my chest squeezing tightly, constricting any air to get to me.

I felt a familiar presence squeeze in next to me, a smug grin on her painted pink lips. "So? How's Jared? You guys dating?" June asked, tilting her head.

I briefly glanced at her and rolled my eyes. "No" I flatly responded. She was a bitch and I didn't want to talk her and I hoped that she got the hint.

"That's funny. It always seems like you guys are" June shot back, her grin turning into a cocky smirk.

I winced when I felt the crack of Jared's nose and his whimper.

I swallowed and pushed June out of my face, fast walking towards the principles office.

In 10 minutes, I had convinced the principle to finally come out and see what was going on.

People immediately noticed what had happened and with a glare, they started to drift away as Mr. Chow came to break up the fight.

Jared looked dead with blood covering his face, his chest moving even slower as the boy on top of him beat him senseless.

Mr. Chow's deep voice thundered throughout the hallway, making people jump. "Cut it out! Get off of him!"

The boy landed one more punch, spitting many times on his face. Mr. Chow ripped the boy away from Jared and Jared groaned with pain or relief. I couldn't tell.

I swallowed thickly, Mr. Chow leading the boy away while the nurse helped Jared.

I walked over to Jared and the nurse. "Would you like some help?" I offered to the kind lady, taking one of Jared's hands into mine.

He immediately yanked his hand from my grip and got up himself with a painful grunt. "Leave me alone" Jared spit, fire in his glowing eyes.

"I'm trying to help!" I exploded, "Ever since you've came here, all I've gotten is rejection and I'm trying to help! I'm trying here! I've tried to be your friend. I've helped you. And what do I get? I get motherfucking rejection for being nice! Does that make any damn sense?"

I breathed heavily, blowing a few strands of hair out of my eyes and glared at Jared that was glaring right back.

Jared finally broke his gaze, shaking off the surprised nurse. He mumbled something I couldn't process until he had left the school.

"Nice try. But I don't need or want your help."

========================================================================

Hi guys!

Yay, another authors note lol.

So This is going to be quick and won't be seeing another authors note in a while (I'm pretty sure ;) ).

I just wanted to thank a few people.

First off: @Kidrauhls_Cutie! I'd like to thank you for being my first few votes and comments! I really thought that no one would really look at my book and then you came alone and decided to vote and comment :) I really appreciate what you did :D I hope you stick with me to the end!

Second: @neeseejay! Thank you so, so much for adding to the votes :) it really helps me and gives me that motivation that another person is contributing into the votes XD I hope you also stick with me till' the end!

Third: @poetry21!! I really want to thank you as well for writing a comment(s) on my book!! It helped me as well as long as your votes to motivate me to write another chapter and to continue the book :)

Fourth: @fizzxxyyy!!!! Thank you so much as well for your awesome comment and votes <3 It helped me write the next chapter when you said this book was good and to update more ;) Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Thank you guys so much for your amazing votes and comments and for your support! I hope you guys stick with me ;)

~ mida