• forced talks and a confession •

• chapter seventeen •

==============================================================================

My phone rang early in the morning on Saturday, waking me up from my slumber.

I ignored it and it thankfully stopped ringing and I fell asleep. A moment later, it began to blare loudly and I snorted, bolting straight up.

I snatched it from the nightstand and pressed the green accept button, not checking who it was. "Lia? This is Kelly. Could you please come over? I need to talk to you" Kelly, Jared's mother, said into the phone.

I wiped a recent trail of drool from the corner of my mouth. "Um, is there something wrong? Did I do anything?"

Kelly laughed, "Oh no, Lia. I just need you to come over right away. Can you?"

I swallowed and licked my dry lips, debating on sneaking out or to tell my parents.

I sighed and finally replied. "I'll be there. Give me 30 minutes" Kelly thanked me before ending the phone call and I hopped out of bed.

I slid a piece of paper onto the marble counter, explaining that I would be at June's for a while and not to worry.

My mother and father had blown off the grounded punishment. They could never punish me for long.

I placed a thin cardigan over my black tank top, slipping my feet into a pair of flats before heading on my way.

==

"And stay in there until you've guys had made up!" Kelly shouted from behind the door, imagining a smug smirk on her full lips.

I silently groaned, pressing my fingers to my temples and shaking my head.

Kelly had tricked me and just wanted me to make up with Jared, locking me into his room and forcing Jared and I to talk.

"We might as well get this over with" I heard him grumble on his bed.

I glanced at him and my mouth became dry, seeing his upper body bare with a pair of loose gray sweatpants hanging low on his hips, revealing his v-line.

I swallowed and licked my lips, chewing on my bottom lip. My cheeks bloomed with red when I noticed what I was doing and released my lip, clearing my throat and sitting on the cheap wooden chair near his bed.

"Where do we start?" I wearily whispered, raking a hand through my thick hair.

"The kiss" Jared mumbled, rubbing a large hand across his face.

My cheeks flamed with bright red, suddenly feeling hot with my jeans and cardigan on.

"Why did you kiss me?" I blurted, fiddling with my bottom lip.

Jared's eyes flickered towards my bottom lip before shaking his head. "I-I-I don't know!" he exclaimed, falling backwards onto his plush bed.

His muscular arms and broad chest looked so tempting, wanting me to crawl to him and cuddle for hours.

I shook my head quickly, mentally slapping myself for my wandering mind.

"What do you mean you don't know? There's a reason for everything, Jared! It's like you killing a man and telling the police you don't know" I spit, my lips curling into a sneer.

Jared grit his teeth, slightly sucking. "That's different, Lia. I only kissed you and that's all! Why does this even matter?" he spat angrily, sitting up now and leaning forward enough that our noses were touching.

"It matters because . . ." I trailed off, clamping my mouth shut to make sure that words don't slip out by accident.

It matters because I like you.

"Why, Lia? Tell me. C'mon, Lia, tell me" he taunted, sneering in my face.

My hands came up to his chest to have him back away from me, my cheeks becoming too hot. "Be-because," I stuttered, swallowing thickly, and shaking my head. "Forget it" I muttered, pushing him away and getting up to walk to the door.

His fingers yanked my arm to him, shoving me against the wall with anger. "Stop fucking walking away from me, Lia, and just talk! Why can't you do that!?" Jared roared, pressing his body against mine.

I felt incredibly uncomfortable, seeing his close he was to me but deep down I knew I secretly liked it.

"Why can't you stop being so confusing! You fucking kiss me then walk away! You have these shitty mood swings that drive me crazy! Why can't you stop being confusing!? Can you do that?" I shouted in his face, breathing heavily.

Jared's fingers tightened around my hips, his full lips in a scowl.

"Fucking hell. I like you, Lia" Jared whispered before he smashed his hot lips to mine.

==

HEY BBY GIRLS :D

MIDA HERE <3

I hoped you liked this chapter :) it's much longer (well, I think).

DO ME A FAVOR, YEAH!?

Go and check out my main chick account : @meseker11 's book called Playing Hard to Get.

IT'S FREAKING AMAZING BUT SHE NEEDS INSPIRATION GUYS SO LETS HELP HER !!

I hope you have an amazing Saturday and I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART (You can't compete with me of how much I love you).

~ baby girl mida

P. S. I am going to be editing the chapters so don't be alarmed when you see that you have notifications of the chapters you have already read. Just ignore them !! Thank you <33