• heated makeouts and tears •

• chapter eighteen •

==============================================================================

His large hands grasped the back of my thighs and I automatically wrapped them around his waist.

Jared's hands wandered around my body, leaving a hot trail. He rested his hands on my thighs and squeezed, me gasping.

His plump lips were hot and inviting, capturing mine into a lock as our lips hungrily kissed.

My hands ran up and down his back, my fingers drifting over his newly grown curls before resting on his broad chest.

Jared sucked on my bottom lip, slapping it back, and I immediately parted my lips for his tongue to slip in.

They danced blissfully before he captured my lips again in a greedy kiss.

As I was kissing him, my fingers grasped the side of his face. I felt hot tears streaming down his face, the salty water falling in between our lips and I tasted it clearly.

I pulled back so our lips were brushing. "Jared? Why are you crying?" I murmured against him. His hot breath fanned across mine, smelling like Extra gum.

Jared groaned, his eyes squeezed shut and a small sob escaping his plump lips.

I began to become frantic, confused of why he was crying. "Jared? What's wrong?" I asked quickly, my heart pounding in an unnatural beat.

He released his hands from my thighs, backing away and falling onto his bed. His hands came to cover his face, his lips glued shut to trap the sob wanting to escape. Tears continued to fall from his face.

I swallowed and cautiously approached him, sitting cross legged besides him.

My hands timidly came out to rest on his bare back, shaking violently as he cried into his pillow.

My hands traced his strong muscles, his skin extremely warm.

I continued to soothe him by rubbing his back and remaining quiet, waiting patiently for him to finish crying.

10 minutes later and more than 100 strokes, his cries stopped.

"Jared? Are you okay, now?" I questioned softly, dragging my hand to my lap.

Jared cleared his throat, moving his head to the side to face me. "Yeah" he croaked, his deep voice raspy and scratchy.

I nodded, licking my lips. "Why were you crying?" I stared intently at him, his dark brown eyes searching my face before replying.

"I . . . I just," Jared sighed before blurting, "I can never have you because you're white and I'm black. That can never happen."

My cheeks warmed up and my armpits began to sweat, my heart and stomach fluttering rapidly.

"Um," I awkwardly started before shaking my head. "Do you even listen when I talk to you? We're all the same" I stressed on the word 'same' so that the word could process into his thick head.

Jared sighed, rubbing a hand across his face. "You don't understand, Lia. People don't want a black boy hanging around a white girl. Especially if the black boy likes the white girl."

I frowned, weaving my fingers through my hair. "You don't understand. Why do you even care? Like I said, we're all the same. People should understand that" I argued.

"How are we the same? Huh? How, Lia? Enlighten me" Jare snapped, his voice rising.

My eyes darted to the ground and my fingers traced the patterns in his comforters before murmuring my answer. "What if you take a knife and create a slit in you and I's skin? What will come out? What will you see? Blood, flesh, and bones. We are the same. You and everyone else just can't see that" my eyes were now staring straight into his as I explained what I thought.

"I don't know why you're so set on telling me we're all the same. How are we the same? I have black skin. You have white. How is that the same?" Jared shot back.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Skin color doesn't define if we're all the same."

I was on the verge of tears, getting frustrated and angry with him for not understanding and denying everything I was trying to explain.

"It does because if we're the same, why don't we all have the same skin color?"

I blinked back tears. "I just said that color doesn't define if we're the same!" my voice cracked and I swallowed, my throat stinging.

Jared groaned.

I quickly got up. "Whatever," I muttered. A tear rolled down my cheeks and I wiped it away. "I'm going home. I'm tired" I lied before fleeing down the steps and out the door, ignoring Kelly's calls.

==

HIIII BABY GIRLS !!!

SCHOOL IS STARTING IN 2 DAYS !!

NOOOO !! SOMEONE SAVE ME !!

How are you guys ? Starting on Friday, I'm going to be randomly dedicating a chapter to someone (could be you ;)) ) and shouting them out !!

I WANT TO SEE ALL OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACES I'M CRYING OK

Have an amazing Sunday :))

~ babygirl mida

P.S. FINALLY PLANNED AN UPDATING DAY !! Updating days are on Friday's at 5:00 P.M. :))