Prologue

A strangled roar echoed throughout the room, followed by a screech of metal and a clash of chains. Men in white lab coats rushed frantically around, yelling out panicked commands and warnings. Strange looking machines were being pushed hurriedly out of the way, making a large space in the middle of the darkened room. The roarings grew louder and the already precariously dangling lights on the roof shook under the screams.

Yet under all the panic there was one thing that stood out in the room. A single man. He wore a simple black tux with a white under suit and tie. A briefcase hung loosely by his side, lightly swaying under the soundwaves caused by the screams. His brown hair was combed back neatly to the back of his head. His hard face stared remorseless into the space that had been cleared. A large scar ran across his neck, stretching from the tip of his chin down and under his shirt. It pulsed angrily against his skin and seemed to be barely healed. A black glove covered his left hand which made no movement while his right tapped relentlessly against his leg.

"Sir, we are ready," said one of the men in white cloaks, running up to the man.

He only nodded, grunting in response. The scientist hesitated, before calling out to his fellow colleague, "Bring it in!"

The roars reached a hard volume and the very building shook with fear. A large cracking sound was heard, and the creature was finally reserved. A large green dragon was being pulled into the room, men in white coats trying there best to drag it forward.. Metal chains were wound around its wings and maw. It's roaring echoed from its throat making it seam like it was choking. It lashed out with its claws and tail, cracking the hard cement walls that built up the room. It's mace like tail causing creators as it destroyed as much of the building as it could, trying to get away from the horrible chains that bound it, but it was to no avail.

The scarred man began to walk slowly forward, studying the dragon with an intense interest. He didn't panic. No fear was found to be in his eyes as he approached the monster. He was calm. His black shoes clicking against the floor with every step. The green dragon saw him and stopped its thrashing, starring as a new found fear found its way into its eyes. It took a small step backwards and a small whimper escaped it.

The scarred man grinned. He knelt down against the floor and placed his suitcase with the utmost care against the ground. It opened with a strangely audible click, causing the dragon to flinch. Slowly and deliberately the man carefully pulled out the contents of the suitcase. It was a silvery red device, with a strange glowing patterns running around it. It was the shape of a handgun, but instead of a hole where the bullet came from there was a drill piece. The man clicked the trigger and the drill spun, causing him to smile. The dragon began to struggled once more, fighting against the chains. It growled and thrashed. If only it could get the chains around its maw off, even just slightly.

The scarred man pulled another device from the suitcase. This one was the same colour, a silver with red neon lights running through it. It was shaped like a small dome and had numerous wires running from its flat base. The man attached it to his gun-like drill and turned it towards the large dragon.

The green dragon snorted and threw back its head and with a cry the chains shattered around its maw. It lashed out with its head and a green rock bolder shot from it maw, colliding with the floor and creating a large explosion of earth spikes. The scarred man calmly stepped to the side, dodging one that was directed at him. With a single movement he brought the drill up and pressed the trigger.

The dome device shot forward like a disc, heading directly towards the now free dragon. The wires reached out with a seeming life of their own, attaching themselves around the dragons head. It screeched at reached up with its claw to detach the device, but it was already to late. It drilled itself into the dragon's head, right between its horns. The dragon screeched in pain, rearing back and roaring in agony. It fell to the floor with a large thump, and a single groan escaped it.

The man smiled and walked calmly towards the dragon. He lightly tapped it on the jaw, and its eyes flickered open. In instinct it tried to lash out at the man, to bight him in half. However something stopped it. Something took control of its body, giving it a fair amount of pain as it did. It tried again to kill the human, but to no avail. It's eyes widened with fear as it realised what had happened, and it bowed its head in defeat.

The man laughed. It was a strange gurgling laugh that shouldn't have been made by a human, but a laugh all the same. He stroked the creature's nose and grinned, making the earth dragon flinch again. He walked away from the dragon and placed his drill back into the suitcase. His experiment had worked, and now it was time to start the real battle.