Chapter 30: Battle Plan

Silver snarled, debating whether to run or not. When she looked down at her father however she decided that it was time to face Iraliene. She didn't care what the life dragon said, she was leaving Sky Mountain. With a snort she descended down to where the other unconscious metal dragon was laying, wing splayed out like a large target. She landed beside him and stared up in defiance as the large life dragon followed her.

Raize and Zepos landed beside her. The electric dragon landed and nuzzled her, glad she was okay. He hadn't seen the fight but by the state of the mountains around the area he knew it had been quite intense. Silver nuzzled him slightly back, but kept her gaze on Iraliene.

"Are you okay?" asked the lightning dragon.

"Yeah. A few cracked ribs, and that's about it," Silver smiled slightly.

"Raize said you took quite the beating," Zepos replied.

Silver nodded, "Just a little. I'll be fine though."

Even as she said it she felt herself leaning against Zepos for support. Now that the fight was over and her adrenaline rush had dissipated she felt the full throttle of pain shoot back through her. Her breathing was laboured and the salty tang of dragon blood was beginning to fill her mouth. A small groan escaped her and the metal shell retracted to its original state.

Zepos felt guilty, looking over her bloodied legs and sides. If he hadn't been knocked out so easily they could have managed to defeat Elron without her getting badly injured, and be gone by the time Iraliene managed to find them. If only he had reacted faster at the start of the fight.

The large green dragoness landed with a thud in front of them, glaring with anger in her eyes. She opened her mouth, ready to yell at the young dragons for daring to defy her, but when she saw the unconscious body of Elron lying belly up and unconscious she closed her mouth, staring in surprise.

"What?" were the words that came out, "Is that who I think it is?"

"Yes," Raize stepped forward, "That is Elron. The first metallic dragon, first dragon to ever escape A.O.D.H, leader of Dragon Valley and our father."

Iraliene blinked, suddenly at a loss for words. She hadn't expected them to be able to defeat the metallic dragon, and what's more there was no device stuck between his horns. At further examination she noticed that it was laying a couple of metres away with a hole blown in its side.

The other dragons landed around them. There were about a hundred of them, with every single species in their midst, though most were common dragons. Gravon was there to, and he slaughtered up to him, glancing at the unconscious dragon warily. He hadn't realised Elron was so big. Wasn't he only eighteen years in age?

"How did you free him?" Iraliene demanded.

Raize snorted, "We don't have to tell you anything."

Her eyes narrowed, "Do you remember what happened last time you refused to give us information young one? It will not be difficult to do so again."

The fire drake stepped back, a little nervous. When the mind dragon had sorted through his mind, he had nearly screamed. It had hurt, a lot, especially with him bringing up memories that weren't exactly his to take. When he had found the information he had stayed in his head a little longer, before drawing out and leaving Raize weak and lightheaded.

"If you electrocute the device with enough power it overloads and short-circuits. After that it is a simple matter to take it off," Silver spoke, and coughed afterwards, spitting out a glob of blood.