Chapter 23: The Gravity Dragon

The days went by quickly for Silver. Soon they turned into weeks, and then months. It was all the same. Wake up early with a call from Gretta, and then on to a couple of hours with Frezron. After that the dragons went to The School, where they were put through drooling hours of lectures about dragons and the different species that were out their, as well as their abilities, strengths and weaknesses and other miscellaneous pieces of information.

As much as she didn't want to admit it, Silver learnt quite a lot. There were fourteen species of dragons alive at the moment with a rumoured fifteenth. These species were split into three different categories. Energy, Physical and Mental. And each species was considered in a scale from common to practically extinct. Silver herself was surprised to learn that her species fit into the physical category of dragons, and the rarity was practically extinct, being as there were only two known metal dragons in the world.

After a while however it got boring and often times she fazed out of her lessons, becoming lost in her mind. She wanted to create her statues again. It had been so long since she had done something with her powers other then fight. At least she had managed to make her nest.

One thing that made her extremely annoyed however was the fact that she hadn't been able to see her older friends that often. Occasionally Zepos and her managed to get together, but it was often a quick greeting before they were whisked away to their next lesson. She got to see Celestia even less, the light dragon being put through special training somewhere in the mountain. Apparently the rarer dragons got special treatment, once they turned eight anyway. That time was another two months away for Silver.

She sighed as she lay her head down against a soft pillow like thing on a long bed. She was in The Lab part of Sky Mountain at the moment. It was the place where dragons went to get 'studied' by human scientists. The data was then sent to the Chinese Government where it was sorted away somewhere Silver didn't pay enough attention to know about. At the moment she was lying on her stomach with her right wing stretched under a microscope, with an excited young Asian scientist hurriedly scribbled down notes, glancing through the microscope occasionally.

"Amazing," he kept on saying in english, "Simply amazing."

Silver rolled her eyes in response. She wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. She had free time after this was done, for the rest of the day anyway, and she really didn't want to waist the opportunity. She already knew how amazing she was.

"It's like it's alive," the scientist said, taking a longer glance into the microscope then usual.

"Of course I'm alive," Silver couldn't help but say sarcastically.

"No, not you. The metal. It's alive. But that's impossible," the human replied, getting excited again, "It's like a whole different set of... creature. Different from fungi, plant or flesh. It has its own, completely unique, set of cells, different from anything we've ever seen before"

"And why should I care," Silver muttered to herself, studying one of her newly sharpened and trimmed claws.

The scientist didn't here her, "And you control them. Do you think I could grab a sample, just for scientific reasons of course."

"If you can cut a piece off," replied the dragoness.

He nodded eagerly and reached into his pocket, taking out a small knife. He gently pressed the knife against her wing and drew it along, creating an annoying shriek. Silver hissed and drew her wing back and the knife clattered to the ground.

"You really thought that would work?" she said.

"What... I don't understand. That knife is one of the sharpest things known to man."