Chapter 10: Leave Taking

A disgruntled growl awoke Silver from her sleep. It was early morning. The sun was just beginning to peak over the horizon casting a dim blue glow over the fields that stretched out before the shed. A chattering of birds was present overhead as they announced the arrival of the sun; their chattering doing no good for the headache that was beginning to form in her skull.

With her own growl she moved her head over to the source that had woken her. It was Zepos. His body heaved slightly as he breathed. Blood soaked bandages covered his flanks and horns and cut grooves through the yellow scales. As Silver watched him one of his yellow eyes cracked open slightly, the cat like pupils inside wincing at the sudden light and the headache he no doubt had as well. They quickly turned to her, and widened in recognition.

"Silver?" he croaked, obviously not well.

She did her best to smile, "Morning."

"What happened?" He closed his eyes again and took a big sigh, "I didn't think they would capture you."

It took her a moment to realise what he was talking about. The fact that they were in a shed probably made it look like they had been caged, to an extent. He probably didn't remember being freed either. He was unconscious when it happened.

"We're not captured," she said, "You attacked me. Remember? And I managed to free you."

Zepos's eyes cracked open again as the dragon frowned. He brought around his tail a tapped the injured placed between his horns, and growled in pain. But the pain was nothing compared to the glint that shone through his eyes, and the disbelief. Steadily he got to his feet, testing his body out.

Silver smiled slightly as the yellow dragon roared with joy, finally figuring out what happened. He jumped and flapped his wings, flying right into the top of the shed. With a grunt he fell to the floor again, collapsing. Silver couldn't help but let out a snort of laughter.

"How did you do it?" he said disbelievingly, ignoring her laughing.

"I think it was the electricity I hit you with," she said, getting up herself and stretching her wings, "When it hit the circuits of that thing got fried and it stopped working. It was pretty easy to yank off after that."

Zepos let out a disbelieving laugh and shook his head, "I didn't know you could breath electricity."

"I don't," she replied with a grin, "But when I'm in my full metal state I can conduct it however I wish, and you hit me with millions of vaults so it really isn't that surprising."

"I... I guess not," he let out another laugh and looked himself over, "Wow, you really scratched me up."

"I'm not saying sorry," she said, "You kinda deserved it."

"Hey! I was being controlled. It wasn't my fault," he shot back.

"I know. But you did try to attack a friend of mine."

"That wasn't my fault either. My orders were 'Do whatever you can to find Silver and get her back here' word for word. I knew that farmer had something to do with you so when I asked him and he refused to tell me... well, you know."

She snorted, "I guess so."

He sighed, looking away from her. He did seem a bit guilty for doing so, but Silver was staying by what she had said. There was also one thing that bothered her. Zepos had found her, did that mean that their were others coming as well? If it were so it was time for her to leave this place.

"Are there others coming?" she asked him, "To capture me I mean."

He looked at her and nodded his head, "Yes. Many others. I was part of a scouting force of a hundred dragons. In fact I'm surprised they haven't found you already, especially after you destroyed that device. It has a tracker in it."