Chapter 18: Silver's Rage

Silver collided with the dragon, claws outstretched, tail blade pointed forward, wings razor sharp. Her claws dug through the scale like tissue paper, and she raked them downwards. A piecing scream erupted from Tetrad's mouth as the force of her pounce knocked him sideways and onto his back. It through Silver off him and into the crowd of dragons, who hurriedly moved out of the way as the metallic dragoness rolled to her feet.

Tetrad got up. Blood pouring from the wound Silver had wrought in his side. He stumbled backwards, trying to get away from the dragon that was glaring at him in hatred and anger. She began to advance again, the metal pads of her paws making ominous clangs as she walked. Her vision narrowed into the dragon that was her enemy, ignoring anything and everything else.

"Silver look out!" Celestia cried a second to late.

A large weight crashed into Silver's back, and she was thrown into the floor, knocked onto her side. Before she could recover the large weight landed on her again, pinning her to the floor. Something hot blasted into her face, blinding her as the flames tickled the metal. She growled with annoyance and waited for the flames to disappear. As soon as they did she opened her maw and shot a stream of metal upwards into the assailants face. A roar followed and the grip on her loosened. Smiling she stabbed with her tail, catching the dragon above her in the hind leg. One thing her father had taught her, that came in especially useful when fighting larger dragons, was how to take weaken a dragon through stabbing at their pressure points and such. It loosened grips, caused a lot of pain and weakened them for the fight. This was especially useful now as the fire dragon above her roared out in pain, leaping off her. She rolled to her feet quickly and without a second thought sent a dozen tail spikes into the flank of the dragon, knocking it to its side.

"You'll pay for that! You scaleless worm!" a screech echoed behind her and she turned to see the other collarless fire dragon, Irelia, charging at her.

Silver snarled and leapt into the air with a single flap of her wings. As soon as she was up however a boulder smashed into her side, sending her into the stairs at the side of the stadium. Stunned she lay there for a moment, her mind catching up with what had just happened. A rock fell on her head, sending out another metallic clang. Growling she rolled onto her feet and walked out of the hole that had been created in the side of the oval. She looked out over the dragons, who were staring at her in surprise.

"Is that all you got!" she roared, spreading her wings.

Four collarless dragons were standing together in the centre of the area. They all looked up at her in surprise and slight fear. Two of them were bleeding badly, and Tirene didn't look like he was doing so well. The metal spikes imbedded in his side caused him to wince when he moved, as he did now.

Cert roared back, sending a lightning bolt in her direction. She wouldn't have time to dodge it, but why would she need to? With a feral grin she closed her eyes, revelling as the lightning travelled through her, joining its power with her own. Yellow sparks jumped from her body, hitting the ground around her. The power of it increased inside her until she could no longer hold it in. With a roar she spewed out a bolt of electricity back the way it had came. It struck Cert in the chest, knocking him backwards.

Silver followed the lightning bolt and took off into the air. It took two flaps more then normal to level her self off, but it was nothing major. With a cry she closed her wings and plummeted down towards the collarless dragons. They quickly moved out of the way. She landed hard, the floor beneath her cracking in several places. Spikes sprouted from her tail nearly absentmindedly, but instead of shooting them she whipped her tail around and hit Irelia in the flank, imbedding the spikes deep, before ripping her tail free along with the spikes. The fire dragoness screamed in pain, hopping away from the silver dragoness in an attempt to get out of range.