Birthday

It was Natsu's birthday today.

Lucy was going around, finding a present for him. She was planning on getting him something special. She wanted to make this the best birthday ever for him. She had to make everything right.

Lucy was planning on decorating the guild while Natsu was on a mission.

He had promise to come home on his birthday.

She had worked day and night to get this ready. Not to mention, she was hosting the party, trying to get all the presents, cake, food (cause you know Natsu)and lots of other stuff.

Lucy was in the guild hanging the banner she had painted. It had flame, covering the 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATSU'.

She sneezed.

"Daijoubou Lu-chan?" Levy asked her. She nodded. Lucy had been very busy these days and she haven't been getting too much sleep, but she didn't care. Lucy wanted to make this perfect.

She then stepped back.

Lucy took a moment to look around. Everything was perfect. Orange and yellow streamers and balloons hung from the walls. A red cake was placed on the counter. She smiled.

Everything was perfect.

"LUCY!" Mira ran up to me. "Natsu's almost here!" she looked worried.

"Someone put up the illusion!" Lucy yelled. Some light shimmered and the guild went back to normal. Everyone gathered around her as she explained the plan. "Ok. I'm gonna go and welcome him. Happy will come with me. Everyone just hide! Wait for my signal!" She said.

She then left the guild, with Happy flying after her.

She saw him, walking down the streets. "Natsu!" She called. He then smiled his toothy grin. "Yo! Luce!" She ran over to him. My hand reached out. "Welcome back!" Lucy said.

He took it and smiled. We walked to the guild, hand in hand. As we arrived, Lucy gave a little cough. "Where is everyone?" Natsu asked.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

The illusion faded away and showed all the decorations. Everything worked out right. Lucy giggled as she looked at Natsu.

His expression was shock. Shock, but happy.

He ran in, still holding her hand. Then, he saw the cake. Oh no you don't Natsu. Your not getting your hands on that cake till its time.

Sparkles were in hi eyes as he ran over to it. Lucy tackled him. "Your not getting any cake until it's time." She said, pointing a finger at him. He shivered in fear.

"Y-yes ma'am"

We continued to party into the night. When we got to the cake, Natsu was overjoyed. Everyone have their presents. Lucy still had hers left. He had already told me that setting the party was enough. But She didn't think so.

Lucy told him to meet me in the meadows. She wanted to show him something. She looked at the time.

10:56

It was almost time. Lucy started to head out of the guild.

(Natsu's Pov)

Lucy told me to meet her in the meadows at 11:30.

I didn't know why but I went anyway.

When she told me this, I knew exactly which meadow she was talking about.

We had stumbled across this meadow while coming back from a job. It was quite beautiful. I wonder what she wanted to show me?

I left the guild as everyone passed out.

Everyone except Cana.

They drank too much. Soon, I arrived. Lucy was already waiting there for me. She was sitting on a little hill, looking at the stars in the sky. She looked like a goddess right there.

I blinked and walked up to her. "Her Luce. What did you need to show me?" I asked her. She smiled at me and patted next to her. I sat down where she patted.

She then closed her eyes. Once she opened them again, they were no longer chocolate brown. They were golden. Suddenly, there were stars, shooting across the sky. Then, they started a little show, forming pictures.

I gasped at the sight. At the very end, it wasn't a picture, but it warmed my heart.

It's always more fun when we're together

Lucy then opened her eyes. "I've been practicing. It took a lot of magic energy but it was worth it." she smiled. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders. "Thanks Luce. This was the best birthday ever." I grinned.

"What makes this the best birthday you ever had?" She asked me.

It was too obvious. "The best part is spending this time with you." I said. She flinched, then relaxed. she smiled at me. "Thanks." she said and rested her head on my shoulder. I blushed. I stared at her. She was so beautiful.

I shifted as she opened her eyes once more.

"Natsu?" she tilted her head. I started to lean in. Her eyes were half lidded. So were mine. I then closed the gap between us. I kissed her gently. She seemed hesitant but then kissed me back. I pulled away.

"I love you Luce." I said as I buried my face in the crook of her neck.

She ran her finger through my hair. "Love you too." She said. I smiled. I was probably the happiest man in the world.

•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

Ok! I have finished this chapter!

I know, this isn't really good. (Well, to me at least)

Anyway. I hope you enjoyed and I'll try to update another chapter today. Thanks!