Thunderstorm

Yo! I'm back with another one shot! I'm gonna try to keep my mind happy for now cause well, 75% of this book so far is just angst, angst and angst. I'll try to stay off of death for a while and think happy cause well, this isn't a tragedy now is it? Any way, lets get started.

------------------------------------

L U C Y H E A R T F I L I A

Pitter patter. Drip drop. Boom.

Those were the sound of rain, pouring outside as lightning struck. I whimpered as I brought the blankets closer to me and cried. I hated thunder. I absolutely hated thunder. It reminded me of Natsu. I know, rain and fire... don't mix but it reminded me of the day he left.

He had gone off on a search for Igneel about a year after we started dating.

I miss him dearly and since he left at night when a thunderstorm took place. I had cried myself to sleep. I miss his warm body heat against mine. I missed his campfire and woodland smell. I curled up in my blanket even further as if I did enough, I would just teleport to Natsu.

As the thunder rolled on, I cried even harder.

"Where are you? Natsu. I need you. Can't you see?"

"I suffer without you. You told me that you would never hurt me in any way. But, I'm hurting right now. You know why Natsu? Cause you're not with me."

I kept on say stuff like this, hoping that he would just show up.

Soon, I had fallen asleep to the sound of rain, into a dreamless sleep.

<><><><><><><><><><>

My eyes flutter open as I groaned.

I got up and rubbed the sleep out of eyes. I took a glance at the clock.

4:47AM

Huh. I woke up a few minutes early. For the past few year after Natsu left, I had been waking up before the sun rose. No matter how much I wanted to sleep, I couldn't after waking up. I sighed and looked outside. So the rain stopped.

I got out of bed and grabbed a black pair of shorts and a pink tank top. I quickly put them on and brushed out the knots in my hair. I then proceeded to put on my combat boots. I slid them on and grabbed the keys.

I walked out and took a deep breath. The air was still moist from last night.

I began my little walk around Magnolia.

I sighed and started to go to the central park in well, the center of the town. I started off in a walk, then a jog. I found myself running to my destination. I didn't know why but my body seemed to work on its own.

Soon, I arrived. I scanned the area as my eyes landed on the sakura tree. I walked up to it and placed my hand on it. A memory flash in my mind.

"ARG!! Why did I have to get sick now?" I moaned. I turned over to my side and sighed. Then, I heard shouting and gasps even though my closed windows. I sat up and opened the window. My eyes went wide as I stared at the giant sakura tree on a boat, floating in the stream in front of my house.

I smiled and leaned my chin on the edge of the window.

Some how, I knew, it was Natsu.