~Chapter Ten~

Today you were very excited to be training today because you'd finally learn how to control your voice powers! Sensei told you to meet you at Ninjago Performance Hall. It was a big concert hall. Your mother preformed there many times.

You walked up on the empty stage and looked around in the hall. Rows of empty chairs filled the place except for the first section in the front of the stage, it was filled with fighting dummies holding wooden or plastic swords.

You quickly turned around when you heard the curtain behind you go up reviling Sensei Wu and even Jay. "Good you're here. Let's try controlling how far your voice can reach up to, without a microphone." Sensei says walking up to you.

"I'm guessin' them dummies in that section is the one I have to try and knock over." You guessed and Sensei nodded and gestured for you to try. "Use high notes to get bigger waves of enemies and low notes to get a few." He says.

You face the 'crowd' and breathe in and out. "I got the eye of the tiger! A fighter! Dancing through the fire! Cuz I am a champion! And you're gonna hear me roar! Oh louder! Louder then a lion! Cuz I am a champion! And your gonna hear me ROOAAARR!" You sang the high note part from the certain Katy Perry song, making sure it hit the dummies. Every single dummy that was in a chair either broke in half or tumbled to the floor. You had done it! You turned around with a smile.

"Very good! Come we must test it on a number of less enemies." Sensei says as he leads you farther on the stage. You saw that Jay had moved to the corner of the stage, he had headphones on his ears and an MP3 player in his hand.

He was tapping his feet to whatever he was listening to and lip singing a little. You chuckled then Sensei cleared his throat to get your attention. You turned, facing Sensei and saw that he had 3 training dummies next to him.

"Use your low voice to knock them down." Sensei instructs and moves out of the way. You nod then clear your throat a little. "Like an astronaut that's scared of heights. With a heart that's beating at the speed of light. You've been waiting for this feeling all your life. Sometimes it's just hard to realize." You sang and all three dummies broke apart and fell to the floor. You smile then look at Sensei again. "So go high to extend far, go low to go near? Got it! But how do I use my real voice!? What if I just wanted to sing for fun!" You say

"To use your real voice, you must concentrate. Focus on your voice. Focus on singing normally. And not as a weapon." Wu says. You nod then concentrate on controlling your voice. You wanted to sing not defeat anyone. "If you could take my pulse right now it would feel just like a sledgehammer! If you could feel my heartbeat now it would hit you like a sledgehammer!" You sang. But when you sang a stage light fell from its post almost landing on Jay! He yells and dodges out of the way!

"What was that!!!" Jay asked startled. You nervously smiled at him, "Sorry! You okay?!" You quickly apologize. Jay got up and checked for any bruises. "I'm good!" He says and you sigh in relief. "You were not focused. Try again." Wu says and you sigh and try again. "I don't admit it, I play it cool. But every minute, That I'm with you. I feel the fever and I won't lie. I break a sweat. My body's telling, All the secrets I ain't told you yet!" You concentrate and sing again.

This time the stage shook and a hole appeared on the stage making whatever was in that spot collapse down. "Ugh! You serious! Yo this is gonna take forever just for me to use my regular singing voice!" You said getting frustrated. "Do not give up. It was only your second try. All musicians have troubling times. From getting the right notes to getting their instrument to work. But they keep trying until they get the right sound they are looking for. You should not give up, keep trying. It is possible for you to sing without hurting anyone." Sensei tells you.