Prologue.

Sasuke.

It's been 14 years since I left the village and it's my 26th birthday.

"Can you believe this? Late 20s and not a single girlfriend."

Yeah, it's been 14 years and my loud bestfriend still does nothing but get on my nerves.

Well, how can you blame me? Forgive me but, all the women in this village just seem like they're all the same to me. All love eye-candy, all so sensitive and they're too confident.

"I mean, he's got the majority of the women drooling over him, he's got so many choices, I don't understand."

"Women here are all the same, what's the fun in that?" I scoffed as I chugged down another glass of sake. This birthday has been the same as every other one I've ever celebrated, everyone is having fun but me, the celebrant.

Ever since we were all young, females have really just been the same to me. And as a Jōnin, do I really have time to be in a relationship with someone? I doubt it.

I was in the ANBU just recently but I had spoken to the Seventh if I could lay back a little. Well what do you know, the idiot's achieved his dreams. He got Sakura, he became the Hokage, what more could he ask for?

Naruto snatched the glass from me and squeezed my shoulders.

"Been awhile since we've had fun altogether, will you ease up a little bit?"

I merely rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Been awhile"? Last week they held two parties because of Naruto and Sakura's 3rd wedding anniversary and their daughter Hayaka's 1st birthday as well.

You can clearly see this bastard's been busy.

"Shut up, dobe. It's like you don't know me."

When I first returned, the treatment was a little harsh, considering what I have done, and obviously people weren't exactly pleased. But I'm glad about the people who accepted me just as is.

Lately, all I can think about is the word on the street.

People are suspecting that I'm gay, that I have some sort of fear of loving someone. They should know how hard it is when you lose people who mean the world to you. I have never loved any other woman besides my mother.

Yeah, yeah, call me weird. But I've just never been interested in that sort of thing. Hell, if I was, I may be married like Naruto is, and I wouldn't be slacking around and with just missions to do.

Everyone's in relationships and I just... I don't quite feel like I need to be in one yet.

Well in reality, there's just never been a woman to pique my interest in the first place. You might call me picky but, I'm all alone, you know.

If I'm gonna love someone, she has to be the right one, that I would be willing to rebuild my clan with. And just then, will I ever decide to make a move on a woman.

Though I wonder... is there such an person out there?