I | "Foreign"

It was a Friday, five in the morning and everyone's still sound asleep. Today had seemed like a day-off for everyone, but the raven-haired male couldn't sit still.

He came across Sai, Ino, Kiba, and Tamaki last night as they were on what seemed to be a double date. Stuff like this didn't usually bother the male since he had been so used to the sight and it really was nothing new. Lately all his friends could mention to him was how he was still alone, and everyone seemed to be in a blissful relationship.

Deep down he scolded himself to no end for overthinking. He was telling himself that this stuff has been no big deal for such a long time, why be bothered now?

He had a lot of reasons to be upset, but knowing the Uchiha boy, he would deny himself of the littlest things possible because of the discomfort that came along. He often preferred to keep his cool.

But it was true, everyone around him seemed to be so happy to have a person to love and a person to love them back. He has 4 years until he's finally 30, and his subconscious was pushing him. It'd be embarassing to be all alone then, he thought to himself.

But what did he have? Women that didn't interest him.

The Uchiha simply didn't feel like it'd be that easy still. He was even unsure if he truly knew how to love someone. What if he found the ideal one, but due to his lack of experience, lose the woman? He couldn't possibly deal with the pain and embarassment from that.

He longed for someone who would be like his mother, the perfect woman.

Someone who would be as gentle as her. Someone who would have the same, warm embrace. The same breathtaking smile. The same long, luscious and fragrant hair. Someone who could cook as well or even better than her. Someone who was as gorgeous as her. Someone who was simply so perfect, just like her.

He knew how much his father had loved his mother, and he wished that he could experience the same with someone. He hated the fact that the women who were interested in him only do for his physical appearance.

Not that he can blame anyone for it, since everyone knows the male has a tendency of being cold-hearted and such. He wanted someone who would be interested in him like Sakura was, someone who would care deeply for him.

He had kindly rejected Sakura awhile back because he simply didn't feel for her that way. He realized his feelings for her, but were more of a best friend to a sister kind of bond. He also knew about his best friend's strong feelings for the pink-haired kunoichi, and he knew better than to meddle despite knowing how Naruto would have probably accepted it.

"So much for a stupid Friday morning.."

He hated the fact that every day was boring, even missions didn't interest him as much as they did before. Here it was, a gorgeous morning and he was starting the day off by staring mindlessly into a lake.

What was he waiting for? He couldn't possibly just mope around forever, can he? This wasn't going to do him any good or help him in his situation.

For the second time in his life, he yearned for love.

-----

It was a quiet morning at the Hyūga household, Neji and Hanabi were training and the former heiress watched them with her infamous soft smile.

"Onīsan, should I go prepare the tea now?" she stood up and kept a safe distance from the two, while making sure that she was audible.

Neji glanced at her from the corner of his eye and nodded with a smile as he instructed Hanabi to take a break. Things have been a lot different after the Fourth Shinobi World War, the Leaf Village is as prosperous as ever and everyone was thankful.