VIII | "Accidental"

WARNING: Unusually short chapter. (Author's message at the end)

His head pounded the next morning as the pain refused to subside. Last night, he had drunk too much and naturally, woke up with a headache.

Kakashi and Yamato sat on the couch on the other side of the living room with Yamato slumped over a bucket of ice and Kakashi dozing off with an erotic novel on his face.

There was a towel on his forehead that reeked of Lavender, and slowly, he recalled the events of last night.

He ignored her and downed shot after shot of alcohol to rid himself of the nervousness that always seemed to occur whenever she was there, right next to him. Shamefully, he was so drunk that Hinata had to help him to his room.

The poor girl's face was beet red the entire time as she tried to button up Sasuke's shirt while guiding him up the stairs. But then, what Sasuke couldn't remember was that he had been so drunk that he almost babbled about his little secret.

Hinata listened to him talk gibberish for about an hour before she was forced to stop him and get him back to his room so that he can rest, but she didn't get to fulfill that without incident.

While helping him back to his room, Sasuke mumbled her name a couple times, something that naturally caugh her attention. Then, the raven-haired male gently grabbed her chin and pinned her against the wall with his own warm body, staring deep into her eyes. This caught Hinata off-guard, causing her stare back as her heart beat furiously in her chest.

The Uchiha chuckled in a low tone before softly pressing his lips against hers, moving back a little and taking his weight off of her. Hinata didn't know what to do, so caught up in the moment with an irregular heart beat and her hands pushing on Sasuke's chest with insufficient strength. It was as if his previous action took all of her power, and she no longer had the will to push him back.

She didn't know why Sasuke was doing this, or why she wasn't objecting. Confusion mixed with a bit of sadness flashed on her face. He's only drunk, she thought to herself.

-----

She stood outside the room that Sasuke was taken into last night. He almost immediately collapsed on the couch with the help of Yamato and Kakashi, but of course she was still concerned.

She'd never seen someone get so drunk and she was unsure of what she was supposed to do... except for sulking it seems.

Her first kiss had always seemed like something that was supposed to be magical and full of love from her and the person who would deliver it to her. But all there is to it now was that there was Sasuke, and that he was drunk.

*creak*

She looked over her shoulder to see a shirtless Sasuke with a red face and her towel on his forehead. The raven-haired male looked over at her as well, blush deepening.

Hinata soon began to blush as well as she couldn't resist but glance at his manly figure. She cleared her throat and avoided eye contact, moving closer by the door to check on Kakashi and Yamato.

Sasuke observed her lovingly, wondering why she was here so early in the morning.

He came to realize that he was shirtless and practically burning right before her and he quickly handed her the towel. "Ah, s-sorry for last night..."

Hinata shyly took the towel from him and put a hand on his forehead. He didn't seem to have much of a fever but his face was still red. She thrust the towel back at him and asked him to keep it, pushing him back in the room altogether as she offered to help him get a bit of rest.