VI | "Unique"

Regrettably, they had all decided last night that the next morning would be best for their departure.

Hinata's ankle felt much better after a good night's sleep and earlier she looked for Sasuke to say thank you, and that she was planning on thanking him later. Her words had flustered him of course, wondering why she would go as far as have some other means of thanking him rather than her kind words that were already more than enough for him.

Kakashi wasn't in great shape, on the other hand. Yamato and Takane were forced to help the silver-haired man for about half of the trip to the second inn.

It had been hours since they left the last inn, just two more and one last good night's sleep and they're saved.

Luckily, it didn't seem like it was going to rain anytime soon, which was good for them. Meaning they'd be able to get to their destination faster.

-----

9 hours later and they all stood before the huge resort they longed for.

"You'll be relieved of all the stress for awhile here."

They all turned to the husky, familiar voice. Their redhead friend smiled with his arms crossed, welcoming them all into the resort.

"Eh? G-Gaara-kun?"

Hinata and everyone else stared in surprise, including the two other sand siblings as Gaara hushed them into the resort with the personnel taking their luggage and leading them inside.

The resort was absolutely breathtaking, the lobby in itself was gorgeous and they could not wait to see their rooms.

Kiba and Shino talked to Gaara and other people in charge to get the keys to everyone's respective rooms.

"Wow this is... fantastic."

Neji and Lee wandered the halls quietly, looking at the rooms and wondering which one they were assigned to.

Seeing everyone's excitement, Kiba and Shino distributed the keys and asked everyone to settle in for a bit then head down outside and take in the view.

-----

Neji, Tenten, Chōji, Lee, and Karui looked at the large room that had three other separate bedrooms inside. There was a small kitchen at the back and a luxurious display in what would be a living room.

Lee wasted no time in checking one of the bedrooms to claim it for himself and TenTen, which caused the other couple and Neji to come check out their rooms as well.

The rooms were quite nice. They had a natural resort and seaside feel and the beds were dangerously cozy as well.

Neji excused himself from the group and locked himself in his room, staring at the ceiling as he thought aloud.

During their last walk, Sakura and Naruto came up to him and asked if Hinata had been sick or if he was aware that she was hurt. Knowing Neji, he had overreacted and bombarded questions. Nobody exactly knew what it was, but after learning about destinies from Naruto, he no longer hated the main family of the Hyūga clan and also almost immediately grew overprotective of Hinata.

He was then told about the Sasuke and Hinata incident, which has been on his mind ever since. He was sure that he didn't mind anything, considering that he even has to thank Sasuke for taking care of her since he himself wasn't present to do so.

But while deep in thought, Neji also recalled the time where Sasuke walked Hinata home relatively late at night. The Uchiha wasn't as bad as anyone thought so, of course. Though despite that, people were still suspicious of his behavior, given the previous circumstances and everything about his past self.