V | "Tension"

The morning after was awfully quiet, everyone really does seem to be exhausted from the whole walk. And to think they have to do that for 16 more hours... 

Though they could all use tons other methods to get to the resort, Hinata had specifically requested that they walk. And that way, they all get to spend as much time as they want with each other, just talking and laughing like old times.

Shikamaru looked out the window, watching the clouds like he usually would. He would hear shifting every now and then and Naruto's occasionally disturbing snoring. How Sakura can ever live with that I'll never know...

"Sakura-chan stop... it hurts~" Naruto rolled over and mewled, wrapping his arms around a sleeping Sasuke. His eyes shot open as he punched Naruto, sending him across the room which startled Kakashi, Yamato, and their friends in the next room.

Shikamaru stared at the mess, eye twitching and looking at the upset raven-haired male. "Uh... S-Sasuke..?"

He turned around at the mention of his name, sharingan activated, glaring at Shikamaru which caused him to back up against the wall. "H-HEY NOW, WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?" 

Yamato set his hand on the floor to prepare for a technique as Kakashi tried to calm a whimpering Naruto.

"Naru...to..." the Uchiha got up, grumbling as he made his way towards the Silver Fox and his blond best friend. "Are you hurt... scaredy cat?"

The door swung open, revealing worried wives as they looked around the room. Naruto ran in his wife's arms, sobbing and childishly clinging onto her. "SAKURA-CHAN WHY'D SASUKE PUNCH ME?!" 

Temari walked over to her frozen husband, rubbing his back and asking what the loud noise was. Shikamaru pointed to Sasuke and Naruto's bruised cheek.

"What's with the commotion... he disturbed me in fantasy land and it's just a reflex." the Uchiha sighed as he smacked Naruto upside the head, completely ignorant of his previous action that threw everyone off. 

The atmosphere was utterly heavy and confusion was clear on their faces as they stared at Sasuke. The silence enveloped them, everyone frozen in place. 

The clock ticked, the only thing present to remind them that time wasn't frozen, though their other companions came to break the ice.

Kiba, Hinata, and Shino looked into the room, calling everyone for breakfast. Sasuke's eyes were locked on her figure again, like he always would upon the sight of her. Sakura quietly led Naruto away with Shikamaru, Temari, and Yamato off to follow them all to the dining hall, leaving Kakashi and Sasuke. The silver-haired man observed his former student as he stared out the hall.

"Oi, Sasuke. You alright?" 

The raven-haired male nodded, fixing his robe and heading out to follow everyone as well. Kakashi knew that something's been up lately. Sasuke has been quiet like he usually would and awfully awkward other times as well. Not once in his life has he ever seen him like that and the odd behavior made him question things. He then thought that the best he could do was wait for more signs that could possibly confirm what was up.

He quietly followed Sasuke to the dining hall, where everyone was gathered. He noticed the younger male was distracted. How so? Everyone happily ate, continuously stuffing food in their mouths while Sasuke stared at his chopsticks. He decided then that the least he could do now was probably ask and see if he could help.

Kakashi gently nudged Sasuke, "Something bothering you?"

A little panicked that maybe he had seen him staring at her at one point, his face reddened slightly, something that threw Kakashi off guard. His one visible eye widened, waiting for the fellow to speak up. It's been awhile since he had seen an adult blush like so. Well, Sasuke in this case.