III | "Faithful Meeting"

The Uchiha manor has been as quiet as it can be for the past week and a half and Sasuke contemplated on what he should do.

Shino and Kiba sent out the invites for her birthday celebration yesterday and he knew that he can't just show up empty-handed.

His heart raced at the thought of staying at a resort for 3 days and especially with her there. He sighed once again as he slumped over the table, thinking of what to get her. The raven-haired male gave up on trying to keep his cool whenever he was alone.

He can no longer deny that he can't get the Hyūga girl out of his mind. Ever since that one encounter. Whenever he would go outside for a walk he would try his luck and see if he'll perhaps see her out on a walk as well or on another errand like the last time.

Sometimes he would even make the effort of walking past her house, hoping she'd be there. But, was still afraid of Neji. Yes, sure, he was married and everything but no matter what, it seemed like he would remain an overprotective cousin for the rest of his life.

"Guy has some sort of cousin complex for Kami's sake..." He chuckled as he remembered the one time that the Rookie 9's teams along with Team Guy went for a swim and Neji forced Hinata to swim with a long-sleeved shirt.

The clock ticked and he was even more troubled, thinking he should now get something she'd be able to use in front of Neji. You'd think a middle-aged man would be a little more mature but it seems this is his whole concept of it.

Just as he recalled past events, he decided that he could just get her something as simple as a jacket for now. Everyone knows that she seems to have a thing for them, her attire usually consisted of something that covered enough skin so she'd be comfortable and he found it quite adorable.

He decided to step outside and look for a nice one, and decided he'd have Ino tweak it for him as well. He planned to add a little something to the jacket that would embarass him and especially Hinata, if it catches anybody's attention.

-----

Sasuke held out the jacket and nodded in satisfaction. He carried the little patch and smiled as he marched down to the Yamanaka residence.

Surely Ino would be able to help him, but he hoped that she wouldn't ask too much about the present and decided that he'd let her figure out on her own who it might be for.

All it took was a five-minute walk until he heard giggling and a grown man singing and he chuckled, giving the door a couple knocks. Shortly after, his loud friend opened the door with a smile.

"Sasuke-kun! What can I help you with?" The male stepped inside, careful to take his shoes off as he handed the paper bag to Ino.

"Can you perhaps sew this crest onto the back of this jacket?" He took out the crest and showed her the jacket, nothing's too complicated for her. He figured that she'd be terrific at sewing, like you would think.

She raised an eyebrow as she carefully eyed Sasuke, giggling but nodding as she happily took the jacket and got to work. "Hey, isn't this a woman's jacket?"

And instantly, Sasuke was right fearing that such a question would come up. He rolled his eyes, avoiding the question and asking how their son and Sai were doing.

Ino shook her head with a smile, explaining how things have been recently. She thought to herself as she sewed on the crest. It looked awfully familiar but at the same time she wasn't sure where she'd seen it before. She thought about who this could be for, hoping that it was for someone special so that she could tease him for it.

Soon enough after chatting, the jacket was done and the blonde held it proudly, smirking at the Uchiha. "I'm pretty darn good, aren't I?"

Sasuke took the jacket and inspected her work and she was right, she was pretty good. The crest was sewn neatly to the back but thanks to the hood, if Hinata doesn't use it, the crest won't be visible.