IX | "Falling"

"Nngh... N-nii-san..?"

Large pearly white eyes stared deep into her own with worry, a noticeable crease in between his eyebrows.

Neji heaved a sigh of relief as if he'd been holding his breath for so long. Cupping her face with both hands, he brightly smiled at the damsel. "Don't you dare worry us like that anymore."

Hinata felt relief in just being with him, hiding her small figure in his broad arms. All the worry and nervousness she'd felt slowly melted away as she felt his warmth;the security she needed.

Tenten and Lee sat on the couch just by the entertainment area with Chōji and Karui. She sat up and immediately felt the stabbing pain on her head, clutching it while leaning on Neji.

The male Hyūga and company found her unconscious on the floor by the staff room earlier. Knowing Neji, he'd been very freaked out and worried, running all over the place and unsure of what he was supposed to do. With the help of Tenten and Lee, they were able to secure her back at their room. And to be completely sure and safe, Neji also set out to the Naras and Yamanakas to ask for permission to have Hinata stay with him instead.

Everyone was supposed to be gathered downstairs in 3 hours for some fun as suggested by the smartest people in the bunch. Namely Naruto and Kiba.

He kindly asked Hinata if she would just stay in his room to get plenty of rest but she stubbornly refused, reminding him of the reason why they were all at this resort in the first place.

Laughing in embarassment, he got up to hand her some pain relievers and water. Running his hands through her hair, he swore to himself to be more aware of her every action. Call him creepy but, Neji Hyūga might just be the top and most overprotective man of all time. Talk about caring, right?

Lee knocked on the door and peeked, smiling at the Hyūgas who spoke softly to each other. He sat by Hinata, petting her and asking about her condition.

The female Hyūga beamed in return, even copying Lee's usual good guy pose with a chuckle.

A loud knock on the door disrupted their quality time, having Chōji answer the door for them. A man with messy black hair wearing a suit and glasses sternly stared at them, reminding them to be down at the lobby in an hour.

Everyone nodded except Chōji, who rolled his eyes and scratched his head simultaneously before slamming the door at the stranger's face.

Karui and the other couple snickered, welcoming Chōji back. He was most likely to be hungry, they thought.

"Well, we should probably go get ready now."

-----

Naruto repeatedly tugged on Sasuke's collar, jumping up and down like a little child. "TEME, TELL ME IF YOU REALLY SERIOUSLY LIKE HER!"

Sasuke gritted his teeth, trying his hardest to button up his shirt. To his bad luck, Naruto found him alone in his room, and the question he'd dreaded had finally decided to come up.

"TEME, HOW HARD IS IT TO ANSWER A YES/NO QUESTION!!!"

Blowing a fuse, Sasuke roughly grabbed Naruto by the collar as well. "Dobe, if you don't shut up, you're gonna be sorry you ever met me."

The blond's crystal blue eyes stared into his deep onyx ones in surprise, blinking in confusion. Sasuke never really took Naruto seriously when it came to this kind of matter, but it was just that something was so fishy that he had to try and ask.

Chuckling nervously, he grabbed Sasuke's hands that were going pale from the lack of circulation. Naruto gently rubbed them. "I'm sorry."

Carefully letting him go, he starightened his shirt once again and got back to buttoning it up. After finishing, he slapped on a wristwatch and looked at Naruto.