Chapter 25

"So what do you want to do next?" Damon asks as he watches his cousin who is quiet at the moment.

"I am going to talk with Pop first, I think it's time I put my cards in front of him and so does he" Nicholas finalizes as he gets up from his seat.

"Well, just make sure he does not comes to hunt me down next, I don't think I am ready to rule the mafia world I am happy playing cop" Damon grins patting his cousin's shoulder before he too leaves the room.

Nicholas stares out of the window into the dark, thinking. He turns around when the door of the room is open and his wife enters the room searching for him.

"Hey" Grace smiles as she walks into the room towards him.

"Hey" Nicholas smiles, spreading his arms for her to get in.

"What are you doing here?" she asks wrapping herself in his arms.

"Thinking"

"About?"

"Us"

"Hmm...should I be worried?" she asks him as she looks in his eyes.

"Maybe, maybe not" he teases flicking her nose lightly before he once again looks out of the window.

"Babe"

"Hmm"

"I was thinking..."

"About?"

"Us"

"Should I be worried?" this time Nicholas asks with a chuckle.

"Yes, I...I am ready" she whispers slowly to him making him look down at her face.

"What?" he asks in confusion.

"Us, about this, everything, I am ready"

"Grace" he calls

"I am ready to take the last step as your wife with you" she smiles in answer, which brings a smile in his face too.

"I didn't express my feelings to you so you would feel pressured for anything," he states sincerely making her smile widen.

"And I am not saying this to make you feel pressured. However, I think we both know it was long overdue that we consummated our marriage...

What a more perfect way than to do it in here just as the traditions you follow?" she requests slowly shying away as she has never been so forward on such things.

Nicholas holds her chin up and stares in her eyes closely.

"Never hide away from me," he asks before he picks her up in his arms and walk out of the room to the other side of the house.

For now, his time was for his wife. Worries and talks can wait one more night because at this moment his wife craves all of his attention.

*******

"Are you sure?" Grace asks as she lies down with her husband.

"Sleep, we both need it" Nicholas states pushing her head under his chin.

"Well, when you picked me up I thought that we were" she leaves the words unsaid.

"I will not consummate our vows for the sake of it; we both aren't in the right state of mind at the moment that is why we are not doing anything that will make us question it in the morning...

I am all yours to do with as you want but I want you to be sure about it all, do not do anything to please me or for the sake of it, do it because you wish for it...