Chapter 29

The next morning when Grace woke up all, she could feel was her head pounding heavily, so she had no choice but to wake Nicholas up in a very sour mood as she was in pain.

Her husband the patient man he was had carried her to the bathroom for a hot shower and made her some breakfast, being served in the bed and after that she took some medicine and slept some more.

When she woke up next time, she felt much better so she sat down with her husband and tried to know what happened where he explained about her kidnapping and the way she behaved when she was in the influence of the drug.

The embarrassment, which followed after that was not a good feeling but Nicholas, he made sure that it was not as bad as she was thinking and he found most of it extremely cute.

Even if she felt embarrassed, she also felt a bit scared about the whole things. Even if she did not voice it aloud the expression on her face must have been a give away as Nicholas was already there wrapping his strong arms around her and soothing her with the promise to always protect her.

She did felt better after that but still she did not know what would have happened if Nicholas had not tracked her down in time. Then she realized that it was good thing she was in the influence of the drug, as she has no clue how she would have reacted if she were conscious.

*******

It was the first week after her kidnapping that Nicholas has finally left Grace's side and let her be alone for sometime.

He had been over-protective, not letting her get out of the bed the first few days and after she protested that she was feeling suffocated being in the room for the whole day.

Only then, did he let her walk out of the room to the gardens but not before he made his men surround the garden as an extra precaution along with him walking besides her.

She loved having him by her side but not so much when all the men were around, watching her every move.

So, when he had to leave her side for few hours she along with Vicky came up with the brilliant plan to go for some sight seeing around the town without informing anyone. Even though it was a god plan at the time but not so, when Nicholas found out she was not in the house.

"This feels so good" Grace sighs taking deep breathes as she steps out of the house.

"It does, at least after being on house arrest for so long," Vicky agrees as they both make their way to the mall.

"But, what did you say to those guards for them to let us go?" Grace asks curiously as they both looks at some clothes.

"I just said Nicholas called to bring you where he was"

"And they believed you?"

"Not at first, good thing that bull Arson went with your hubby dearest. They were adamant to, not let us out so I just threatened them that Nicholas would not like if we were late...

I pretended to call him to confirm with them and they happily let me go before I could make a call...

If your husband was not so scary it would not have worked but heavens on our side, so let us enjoy ourselves before they hunt us down," Vicky suggests as she walks to try out some dresses.

After their shopping, both of them get down to have some lunch unknown was the fact that the whole Price household has turned in to chaos in the search of them.

They both agree to watch a movie, as they do not know what else to do because going back home was not on their schedule not until dinnertime.

*******