Chapter 1

Emma Hart POV

I turn over in my bed, moaning quietly.

"Emma! Get down here!" My father screams.

I wince, sitting upright slowly. I open and shut my eyes, trying desperately to wake up.

I stand up, grateful that I was able to walk today. I hadn't been so fortunate last week.

I slip on my black jeans, contradicting the darkness with a long sleeved white top I knew I would probably regret.

I slide a pair of flats on my feet and grab my bag before trotting carefully down the stairs. I don't see my dad.

It was hard to keep a smile off my face, but all spirits dropped when he stepped out in front of me.

"What are you wearing?" He asks.

I stammer. "I-I"

"Are you trying to get taken from me?" He screeches.

I wince, gasping as he grabs my throat, pushing me against the wall.

"You are mine. Are we clear?" He growls. His breath reeks of alcohol. I choke, fighting him.

He pulls away. "We've still got a good...4 hours before school." He breathes in my ear.

My breathing quickens, and my heart was pounding in my chest. I just wanted to get to school before he woke up...What is he doing? He's never gone this far before.

Tears escape my eyes as he throws me down onto the floor.

"Daddy. Daddy please. No! HELP ME!" I scream, at the top of my lungs.

He growls under his breath. "I really wanted you to be awake for this, but, you don't seem to want to cooperate." He says.

He punches me hard, and I black out.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I slowly wake up, a little dizzy, but that wouldn't prevent me from going to school.

It seemed that daddy dearest had already gone to work.

I try to register what happened, and then I saw the blood pooled around me.

I open and shut my mouth. My lower body aches as I stand up.

I look beside me, and he's laid out a pair of black slacks and a light blue top.

I bite my lip and slide them on my body. I wince with every movement, though my mind seems to hurt more than my body as I try to comprehend this.

I glance at the clock, and I still have two hours before school *officially* starts.

I comb my fingers through my hair and walk gingerly out the door, bag in hand.

I live right down the road from the school, so, I don't have far to walk.

I unconsciously pull the sleeves down on my top, making sure it covers the bruises.

I keep a blank expression on my face, though tears slide down my cheeks as I walk into the building.

I quickly dry my tears and go into my classroom, 4B.

I notice three people standing in the room. A middle aged woman, tall with dark brown hair, an older man, also tall, with greying hair, and a middle aged man with...well...not much hair.

The woman turns, suddenly aware of my presence.

"Hi. I'm Detective Olivia Benson." She says, walking towards me and sticking out her hand. I flinch a little, but shake her hand politely.

"Emma Hart." I reply quietly.

Olivia, ahem, Detective Benson, raised an eyebrow.

"As in, District Attorney Hart's daughter?" She asks.

I nod. "Why?"

Olivia clears her throat. "That's why I'm here, sweetie. Why don't we go somewhere we can talk privately?" She asks gently.

I open and shut my mouth. How did she know?

I nod, hiding my surprise, fear, anger...every feeling was classing through my veins.

She wraps her arm around my shoulders and I flinch, noticeably.

She sighs and leads me into the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind her.

I sit on the sink, not looking her in the eye. I kick my legs weakly back and forth.

Olivia comes and sits beside me. On the sink. Some woman sitting with someone she thinks she can help.

*shes wrong* I tell myself.

I push myself back into mirror, turning my head away from her. I don't want to be here. Apart from with my father, this, with a detective, is the last place I want to be.

I feel her touch my arm and I cringe. She shifts my sleeve, now aware of my bruises.

She doesn't say anything. She lifts my arm gingerly and rolls my sleeve up to mid elbow, then just traces the bruises with her finger. I knew there was something off.

"Please don't. I'll be good, I promise." I whimper, the ptsd taking over.

I'm drawn into a flashback, and forget who I'm with.

I scream and draw my arm away, jumping off the sink and pushing my body into a corner, sobbing hysterically.

"I'll be good. Please daddy no!" I sob. "I'll say it. I'll say it." I whisper, hiding my head in my knees.

I'm shaking, more than usual, as I hear his voice.

I feel arms wrap tightly around me and I scream, thrashing and sobbing.

"Shh...honey, it's okay. You're safe now..." Olivia whispers in my ear, snapping me back into reality.

I gasp, looking over her face carefully. I open and shut my mouth, at a loss of words, mostly trying to find a nice explanation for my outburst.

I shake my head wordlessly and hugged my knees close to my chest.

She wraps both arms around my shoulders and pulls me in tightly.

I shake my head weakly, resisting comfort. I never had it. I couldn't accept it easily.

"Shh, sweetie, its alright." She whispers as I try to stop my tears.

"Sweetheart, did he rape you?" She asks softly.

I don't reply, just bury my face deeper in her shoulder as my sobs become uncontrollable.

I felt horrible. Vulnerable. I had never *not* been able to control my emotions, and this didn't need to be an exception.

I struggle to control my tears, and then, all the sudden, I can't breath. My chest was tight, like an anvil was on it.

"I can't breath." I choke.

Olivia lay her hand on my back, pulling away slightly. "You're having a panic attack, honey." She says softly, my breathing is still rough.

"I need you to match my breathing, okay?" She says. She slowly her breathing, and after a bit of a struggle, I match it.

It took me too long to calm down. I knew that for a fact.

"Sweetie...are you sure he did that?" She asks softly.

I pull away from her, hurt written all over my face.

"What? Just because he's a DA doesn't mean he's not going to beat and rape his daughter!" I snap.

She reaches out to brush my hair back but I shove her hand away. I get up, gasping quietly in the pain it causes me.

"Let me help you." Olivia says.

"Don't touch me." I snap, unlocking the door and walking out of the bathroom, slamming the door behind me.