Chapter 2

Olivia Benson POV

"What! Just because he's a DA means he wouldn't beat and rape his daughter?'' Emma snaps at me.

I have to hold in my cringe, I know this girl has been through hell.

I reach out to her. I can't find words without hurting her at the moment. I didn't expect her to respond well, but I gasped a little when she slapped my hand away.

I don't push her as she stands up until I see the pain it's causing her. She was raped recently, it was obvious. I stand and make eye contact with her, touching her shoulder.

"Let me help you." I say.

"Don't touch me." She growls. I can see tears pricking at her eyes, and I know I hit home. I didn't mean to offend her, I just wanted her to confirm.

She walks out and slams the door behind her.

I cry out in frustration, hitting the sink. This wasn't me. I don't get this angry.

I take several slow, deep breathes, trying to bring myself back.

I pull out my phone and dial Elliot's number.

"Hey." I say.

"Liv? Everything okay?" He asks.

I sigh. "I need you to keep an eye on the girl. I need to talk to her after school. Something's not right, El." I say.

"Yeah. I know. Come back. You and I can keep an eye on her and have Munch working on another open case." He says.

"Alright. Thank you, Elliot." I say, hanging up.

I shut my eyes for a split second, reassembling the walls I've built for myself.

After a few seconds, I'm bulletproof again, and I walk out of the bathroom as if nothing happened.

A/N: I know that this chapter is a bit short, but the team doesn't have a case yet, and in the next chapter (which should be up in a few days) I wanted to give insight into Emma's school life for it. Until the next chapter!

~ Liv