Chapter 13

Olivia Benson POV

I sigh to myself, taking a small step back as I shake my head.

Emma turns her head very slightly, her eyes narrowing as she shifts to face me.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" She asks.

My words catch in my mouth, refusing to come out. I stammer, caught in a moment of hesitation.

I do not feel the words leave my mouth.

I only see her eyes. They widen, in surprise. Then I see anger, frustration. Sadness. She lowers her head.

I shut my eyes, repeating the words in my head. 'I ran your DNA. There was a hit. Your father is William Lewis. I am your birth mother.'

She stands, shaking her head.

"I have to go."

And with that, she simply walks out the door.

I don't follow her.

Sorry for the short chapter. Honestly, I'm trying to wrap this story up. I'm not feeling it. I know I need to finish it, but it's taking forever and it's begun taking emotional toll on me every time I try to write it. Progress will be slow, if I progress. If I don't, maybe one day I'll pick it up in a sequel. Thank you all for reading. If you have any suggestions for the story, drop them in the comments. Despite how infrequent I come around, I do love hearing from you all.

- E