Chapter 8

Olivia Benson POV

I smile weakly at the brunette girl, laying my hand on her arm.

"I want you to have justice." I say softly.

I could walk away. With who her father is, and how little evidence we have without the rape kit, I should walk away. But I couldn't let this girl go without justice.

Emma bites her lip. "What are they gonna do?" She asks me. Her head was lowered, and even I could tell she wanted to cry.

I give a sympathetic smile as I sit on the edge of her hospital bed.

"Well...they're going to swab for DNA, they'll take samples of you blood, hair, skin cells, things like that." I explain calmly. She swallowed and nodded. "They'll probably go over you with a UV light."

The girl inhales, clasping her hands tightly together, so tight her knuckles were white.

"I'm going to go let the nurse know you agreed." I say. She nods. "I'll be right back."

I don't give her time to answer before I slip out of the room. I walked on my toes, and my heels didn't click until I was out of her room. I wanted to keep it that way.

I allow myself a small smile as I walk down the hall, listening to the satisfying and intimidating click of my heels as they came in contact with the tile floor.

"Room 385; Emma Hart, has agreed to a rape kit." I say, lifting my badge to show it to the blonde receptionist. She stammers for a moment, and I couldn't understand why.

"I'll send someone." She says hesitantly.

I nodded and mumbled a thank you as I walked away.

I'm intimidating enough. I know that. But I also know that I'm not intimidating enough to have a woman that's seen so much tripping over her words like that.

My first thought, Emma's father. But that didn't seem possible, with him being in a holding cell miles away.

I walk back into Emma's hospital room, where she was sitting, waiting to be examined.

I give her a soft smile, then a small nod as I stand next to her.

"Do you want me to leave?" I ask her gently.

"No." She says quickly. She paused. "No." She said. She was much calmer the second time.

I nod. "Alright. I'll stay." I say, reassuring her that I wasn't going anywhere.

She nods and glances up at me, then back down at her lap. I don't speak, and she stands up.

"When are they coming?" She asks. She was nervous, which was quite possibly making her a bit impatient.

I give her a small smile, glancing at the clock.

"She should be here in around...ten minutes." I say.

Without a word, let alone a warning, she wraps her arms around my waist, laying her head on my shoulder.

I don't respond, simply wrapping one arm around her shoulders, the other hand touching her hair.

I feel a few tears hit my shirt, but I don't let on. I rest my chin on the top of her head, still choosing not to acknowledge her crying.

I doubted she would want me to. And I was right.

She sits silently for several seconds, not moving, I imagine she was thinking. Then she pulled away. She dries her eyes, composing herself easily.

"I'm sorry." She says dully. "That wasn't expected, I shouldn't have done that."

I shake my head as she sits back down.

"It's understandable." I say softly as she fidgets uncomfortably.

I earn no reply from her. And soon, a nurse walks in.

The nurse walks her through what she'll be doing, though I wasn't focusing on her words. I was thinking.

Within minutes, she had collected swabs, leaving her to get evidence from the rest of the body.

I look at Emma, who was staring straight ahead. What I had seen during the kit was what was going to make me kill that man.

A/N: MWAHAHAA CLIFF HANGGEERRRR YOU JNOW YOU LOOOOVVVRERE IT. Sowwy. Anyways, comment what you think she sees. I would LOVE to hear your opinions, and I'm going to have the next few chapters littered with flashbacks. Or better yet...maybe I should give Emma's past its own book...😏😏😏😏