Chapter Two (Maxon)

I hold America in my arms as the carriage moves across our country's border. Ever since our extravagant wedding, I haven't wanted to let her out of my sight. America consumes my thoughts and dreams. Before the Selection, I never even thought it was possible to love someone so much. But now I know, now I understand what love is. Love is the feeling I get when America walks into the room, the feeling I get when she kisses me, the feeling I get when I wake up with her by my side. Love is America.

"About twenty minutes left, Your Majesties," someone calls from up front.

I smile. It will be nice to see Lady Elise again, even if slightly awkward. After all, I eliminated her- and chose America. Even so, she seemed pleasant over the phone, and since she didn't seem to love me during the competition either, we should be fine.

"I've never been to New Asia before," America says, taking me out of my thoughts.

I suddenly wonder if she's ever even been out of the country. I make myself a mental note to travel frequently with America, to show her the world. If she's never seen anything outside of Carolina or Angeles, I will make sure that she now will.

"Oh it's beautiful, darling. Everything about it."

America grins giddily back at me. "Do they, by any chance, have strawberry tarts there?"

"New Asian strawberry tarts. They're a big hit," I joke. I love America for too many reasons to count, but her food obsession is rather adorable.

"I'm really just going for their food," she adds.

Amused, I shake my head. I guess being a former five will make America appreciate the things I have always found abundant. I love her for that too, for being able to appreciate the little things in life, because she survived without them.

I look out the window and grab my camera. I snap pictures of the landscape. We're in New Asia now, officially on our honeymoon, and I can't help but think that this, that everything, is perfect. I won America's love, something I told myself could never happen, and I can now be by her side for the rest of my life. And I will be. I know this because I can think of a lot of terrible things that could happen in this world, but none of them, not even one, is worse to me than the thought of a day without my America. My beautiful, intelligent, America. She is, and will always be, my everything.

Authors note:
3 followers, lol yay. Not a lot, I'll try to get up there! Here's the next chapter, from the point of view of Maxon. I've always thought of him to be completely adoring over America, so that's how I wrote this. Have a nice day!