Chapter Seven (America)

Last time the rebels attacked, I nearly parted from the man I loved. I almost lost Maxon.
And now, here they are again. Threatening the kingdom, my kingdom. And ruining my honeymoon. Thanks, rebels.
Maxon and I have been busy preparing to leave. We had agreed that we need to leave as soon as we can. Maxon plans to film a Report when we get home, to tell the kingdom of the attack.
"We need to warn them," Maxon had said, "that the rebels are still active. The more alert the people are, the safer Illéa will be. I learned that much from my father." I didn't quite understand how he could possibly learn that from a king who would barely even inform the people when an attack occurred at the palace. Still, I didn't argue. After all, he was right: the people need to know.
Maxon went up to our room to prepare our things, while I told Elise and her family the news. They were disappointed, but understood and agreed that we should go.
So, that's how by 7:00, Maxon and I have our bags neatly packed, and step into the elegant carriage again.
"Goodbye, America," Elise says as we hug each other good-bye. "I'll miss you. Stay safe."
"I'll miss you too," I say. I can't believe that we are already going, we've only seen them for a day. Illéa needs you, I remind myself. As queen, I probably will need to get used to cutting my free time short for royal duties. Besides, it's not like I won't see Maxon- he's at the palace too. I'll just have to make sure to invite Elise to the castle sometime as well.
Maxon holds out a hand and helps me into the carriage. I climb up next to him and wave to the family once more.
As the carriage pulls away, I look outside. The view is so beautiful. "Look," I tell Maxon.
He looks over at the landscape and grins. "It's almost as beautiful as you," he says. "Almost, but not quite."
I blush at his words. They form quite a cliché romantic phrase, but they are able to make me blush ever the same.
Maxon then leans out the window, taking quick pictures of the scene.
"Can I have your camera?" I ask Maxon after watching him.
"Trying to compete with my photography skills?" He responds with a smirk while handing me the camera.
"No, I just want to capture the view."
I hold the camera up and snap a few photos of the landscape.
"Let me see," Maxon whines like a child as soon as I finish.
I laugh and position the camera so we both can see.
Ouch. All the pictures are blurry, with the colors blending into each other in a rather non-artistic way.
Maxon bursts out laughing. "Nice abstract, America."
"Hey," I moan, pretending to be very offended.
"Sorry, my dear," Maxon says, still smiling.
"That's not good enough," I say stubbornly.
Maxon leans in and slowly kisses me on the lips. "What about now?" he asks.
"Your forgiven," I reply contentedly.
He laughs and says, "Well, America, you need a lesson on photography, so I need to give you one."
Maxon looks at me for approval, and when I don't disagree, he continues. "The key is focus. If you can control where the camera defines the most, you can control the quality of the photo. The better the focus is, the better your picture will be."
Maxon gives me some more steps to follow, and before I know it, I'm capturing the landscape like a pro. Well, kind of. Every time Maxon takes one, it makes mine look lame in comparison.
"Oh well," I say. "At least your better than me on one thing. That should make you happy enough," I joke.
"You make me happy enough, America," he responds, and once again, my cheeks flush red.
"Smile," he then says. He turns the camera around so that both of us fit in the picture, and snaps it.
Looking at the photo, Maxon smiles at me. "Out of all the ones we took tonight," he says, "this one is by far my favorite."
And I can't help but agree.

Authors note:
Sorry, this is more of a filler for the next chapter. But Maxon and photography is so cute! Anyways, I'll have more going on in Maxon's pov, don't worry! Sorry these are so short, I need to divide them like this. They are getting longer though, so yay! Like, comment, and remember to follow!
Much love!
-C💞