Epliogue

Michael's POV

I helped Arden into her dress and tied the back for her.

"Cal and Mali should be here any min-" I was cut off by the sound of our front door opening.

"We're here!" Calum shouted, causing Arden to giggle.

"We are in my bathroom!" I called back. Seconds later, Cal and Mali made their way in. We greeted each other and gave hugs.

"Ok so I need to do hair and makeup?" Mali questioned. I confirmed and she got to work on Arden; curling her hair and what not.

"You look so pretty in your dress," Calum complimented, causing a blush to rise to Arden's cheeks.

"Are you excited?" I question and she nods.

"Nervous?" Another nod, "A little bit," she smiles.

"That's ok. You're gonna do amazing."

Arden had her first dance competition today . She had only started a few weeks ago but she worked hard and her teacher gave her a spot in the group dance.

"Are Luke and Ash coming?" Calum asked.

"Yep!" I nodded, "They are meeting us there."

"What kind of make up does her teacher want?" Mali asked, making the final curl in Arden's hair and tying a bow around the top half.

"Uhh-"

"She said she wants me to have just natural makeup," Arden answered.

Mali nods and pulls out her makeup kit.

"8 year old wearing makeup...What kind of dance studio are you sending you sister to Michael?" Calum asks, pretending to scold me.

I shake my head and laugh, "One where I am not allowed in the dressing room with all the moms so I have to ask my best friend's sister to do my little sister's makeup at our house before we go."

"That would be great. You just chilling with all the moms and like gossiping about the other teams," Calum laughed.

I laughed as well, simply imagining it was hilarious.

"All finished!" Mali said and put her supplies away. Arden came over to where I was sitting and stood between my legs. I lightly placed my hands on her cheeks and gave a fake pout, "My baby's growing up! She's wearing make up! You're always going to be my baby though. Always." I smile and give her 10 kisses all around her face. She giggles and tries to push me away.

I giggle as well when I pull away, "Thank you Mali. I don't know what I would have done without you!" I tell her.

"Snuck into the dressing room," she jokes making Calum and I laugh once again.

"Ok we all ready?" I ask. They nod and I take Arden's hand, leading her to the front door.

I helped her to slip on her black high-top vans and then the four of us headed out and into the car.

It took us a few minutes to drive from our house to the dance studio. Small talk was made between the 4 of us the whole way. When we arrived, we hopped out and entered the building.

Arden's dance teacher, Alice, met us in the lobby. I walked Arden over and Alice smiled at us, "I'll walk her back for you. Thank you for getting her makeup done!" She says and takes Arden's hand gently.

I smile and thank her before bending down and giving Arden a kiss on the head, "Good luck baby girl! We'll be cheering you on! Love you!"

"Love you too!" She smiles. I could tell she was nervous but I knew she would do great.

After the two of them walked off, Mali, Calum, and I all went to pick up the tickets. I thanked the ladies who helped us get them and then noticed I was getting and incoming call from Luke.

I swiped to answer and put the phone to my ear, "Hello?"

"Hey Mikey!"

"Is this Luke ham ham?"

"Ham ham"

"Luke ham ham"

"Luke Hammings"

I laugh at our dumb conversation and so does he, "We just got here. Where should we meet you guys?" He asked.

"We are right through the front doors in the lobby."

"Okiiiee. We're walking..... Through the dooorrss," I chuckle at his silliness, "And we are inside but I don- just kidding I see youuu!"

I turn and I spot the tall blonde, Ash right behind him.

I smile as they come over, "Hey guys!"

"Hey!"

We all shared hugs, "Thank you guys for coming! I know Arden is so excited that you're here!"

They smiled, "Aw no problem! We are excited to watch her! Are your parents meeting us here too?" Ash asks.

My smile drops a little, "No, they're out of town. Again." I huff.

The boys and Mali send me apologetic looks but I brush it off, "How did Arden take that?" Mali questions.

I nearly cringe, "They told her they would try to come but they texted me this morning saying they were in Melbourne so...."

All the boys looked shocked, "Wow." Calum stated. I nodded, "Yeah she will be upset but I want her to enjoy her performance and I know she will love that all of you are here too." I smile.

The overhead speakers stop us from continuing the conversation, "Parents and other guests. Please report to the auditorium as the show will be starting soon. Thank you."

I turned and handed Luke and Ash their tickets. All of us walked in and found our seats which were towards the front. We sat down and waited.

After a few minutes, the lights dimmed and the announcer announced the first dancer. They danced and the judges watched carefully, almost never stopping the writing they did on the score sheets.

-

A number of groups passed before Arden's team was finally called.

All five of us cheered loudly as we saw her step onto the stage with her teammates. She looked so small and cute, I couldn't get over it.

Their music began and they started the dance.

As the dance progressed, I was in awe. My eyes were locked on Arden. She was beautiful. The way she danced and portrayed her role in the dance was breathtaking.

My eyes didn't leave her once from the moment she started dancing to the minute she left the stage. I turned to the boys and Mali who were all in shock as well. We looked at each other and laughed a bit, wiping the tears from our eyes that they had brought.

"That was amazing," Calum softly states.

"I couldn't agree more. She was beautiful," I stated and the boys agreed.

-

We watched a few more dances before it was time for awards. All of the dancers were sat on stage including Arden and her team.

She sat patiently, still in her dress, as the announcer went through all the awards. When it was time for the Mini solo awards, I saw Arden glance around the room until they met mine. I gave her an encouraging smile and she returned a shy one.

"In third place, we have act 21, Hit That Beat!"

Everyone clapped and the announcer moved on after the dancer received her award, "In second place, act 38, Whirlwind!"

Once again we clapped. Then the suspense built, at least for the dancers. Obviously it would be awesome if Arden won first but I'm proud either way.

"AND! IN FIRST PLACE WE HAVE...... The Waiting Room!"