8

Michael's POV

When we got back to the house, we all headed into the kitchen. I sat Arden on the counter as we began looking for the cookbook that we never used.

We finally found it and dusted it off before looking up the recipe for chocolate cake.

"Ok, so we need flour, eggs, baking soda..." Ash began naming off the ingredients and we looked for them and grabbed them. Eventually, we had everything we needed all laid out.

Ash began telling us how much of each ingredient to put in the bowl and we all took turns measuring it and dumping it in. I would measure mine out and then give it to Arden to pour in.

"Now we just mix it," Ash instructed and started the mixer. However, he turned it on too high making the ingredients fly everywhere.

We all stood there covered in cake mix and turned to Ashton with playful angry faces. Calum slowly reached for the bag a flour.

Next thing you know, we are in a full on food fight; Calum threw flour at Ashton, Ashton hit me with eggs, I hit Luke and Calum with Cocoa Powder and it just kept going around. Arden even joined in a little bit too. I would hand her handful of something to throw and she would, laughing afterwards.

The food fight kept going though and soon our whole kitchen was like a cloud of flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and all the other stuff.

The air actually looked white because it hadn't settled it. Not to mention, we hadn't stopped throwing things....

I tried to shield Arden from Calum throwing things at us and I was laughing. However, Arden started coughing.

"You ok, Bug?" I asked her with a little smile as I rubbed her back. She coughed again and when she went to take a breath back in, I could hear it was strained.

I  immediately became concerned as she was clearly struggling to breath. The boys were still going but I quickly got their attention, "Guys! Arden is having trouble breathing!" I said slightly panicked as I picked her up and took her out of the kitchen. I sat her on the ground right outside of the kitchen and the boys come straight away. I grabbed my phone and dialed the emergency number, but I quickly handed it to Calum as I noticed her breathing getting worse.

I took her hands and placed them above her head to help open up her lungs, "Luke can you grab her a glass of water?" I asked him and he nodded before going to do so.

I could hear Calum's conversation behind me, "Yes, my.... Uh niece! My niece isn't breathing and we need immediate help," he told them and then gave our address.

Tears started falling down her face and I quickly wiped them with my thumb. She was scared and started to get worked up but I knew if I couldn't keep her calm, her breathing would be even worse.

"No, baby, no don't cry. You're ok. I promise you're going to be ok," I said to her as I continued to wipe her tears.

Luke came out of the kitchen as Ashton went into it. He handed me the glass of water and I helped Arden try and take a drink but I was unsuccessful seeing as she couldn't breathe.

Ashton came out with a damp towel and began to gently clean her arms and face of all of the food we had thrown.

I pulled her into my lap and the paramedics arrived at that moment. They came into the house and immediately took Arden from my arms. This freaked her out and she immediately reached for me.

They placed an oxygen mask onto her face and I could see the fear grow in her eyes. Actual cries escaped her lips as they began sliding things on her arms and poking and prodding her with things.