2

Grace's POV

I sat at a table in the back of a pizza parlor with Ashton, Luke, Calum, and Michael.

"Feels so good to be back in London with our bestest friend Grace," Calum said in a goofy voice before leaning his head on my shoulder. I rolled my eyes playfully before shrugging him off. The four of them were in a band called 5 Seconds of Summer and were touring with One Direction. They were staying in London for about 3 weeks; 2 for shows and then 1 week off.

"How was your day, Grace?" Ashton asked.

"It was great!" I cheered.

"Oh yeah? What made it so great?" Luke questioned.

"I went to the orphanage right down the street from my school because I have been studying social services and adopting a child has always interested me. So, I decided to go talk with some of the kids there today. Anyways, what was so great was that I met the cutest little girl who, coincidentally, looked a lot like Michael," I smiled, remembering the resemblance that I saw right away.

"Really?" Michael giggled.

I nodded, "I'm going back to visit her tomorrow if you guys want to come," I offered.

"Cal and I have writing tomorrow," Luke whined with a pout on his face.

"Ash and I will go," Michael smiled and Ash nodded in agreement.

"Ok cool!" I spoke as our pizza was brought to our table. The five of us dug into our pizza not really discussing the topic further.

-

Michael, Ash, and I walked up the steps to the orphanage before opening the door and walking in. Olivia was sitting at her desk and looked up as we walked in, "Hello!" She greeted us with a smile.

I smiled back, "Hi!"

"Are you here to adopt?" She questioned.

"Well, I was here yesterday and I met Arden... I'm not sure of her last name. I was wondering if we could visit with her for a bit," I explained.

Olivia's smile remained, "Arden Clifford! Yes! Let me get you her file and then direct you to the visiting room. We use this room on all days except for Saturdays because those are mass adoption days," She explained.

I nodded and turned to the boys as she went to grab her file, "Her last name is Clifford," Ash said.

"I know, I heard," I whispered back.

"Didn't you say she looks exactly like Michael?" He asked.

"The resemblance is uncanny," I laughed lightly.

Michael rolled his eyes, "Don't you think I would remember my mom being pregnant?"

"True," I shrugged.

Olivia came back with a manila envelope in her hand, "Ok! Follow me!"

The three of us followed her into a room filled with bean bags, couches, and what not. She sat on a couch and motioned us to sit on one across from her, "Ok so when a specific child is requested, I'm required to review their file just so you are aware."

We nodded and waited for her to continue, "So Arden Clifford, 7 years old. Parents, left her here as a newborn. She was taken in by a foster family almost immediately but her foster parents passed in a car crash a little over a month ago, forcing her to be brought back. She was in the car crash but wasn't injured too badly... um let's see what else," She hummed while flipping through the papers, "That's pretty much it for background info. However, I personally want you to know that she is very shy and quiet as I am sure you saw yesterday. She is fragile so please be careful."