Chapter 11

I groggily peaked my eyes open. I stayed up practically all night talking to Jake. I learned a lot more about him than I thought I would have. Dont get me wrong though, a part of me is still very angry and frustrated with him but the other part of me is curious to learn more about him and get to know him better.

I slowly slid out of Jakes tight grip around my waist and got out of bed. He was dead asleep and I assumed he would be that way for awhile.

I walk over to the closet and throw on a pair of shorts with a tank top and some chucks. I brush my hands through my hair before quietly making my way across the bedroom and quietly out the door.

I had no idea where I was going but I knew that I needed to get outside, I was tired of being locked up in this room all day.

I slowly creep down the stairs, watching to make sure no one was around. I don't plan on escaping but I'm sure none of guards would let me outside by myself.

Surprisingly I make it to what I assume is the front door without anyone spotting me. I steadily open the door and slide out. Closing the door behind me I turn around and take in the fresh cool breeze of this perfect summer morning.

I walk down a pathway that leads me to the drive way which is ten times as big as the average one and filled with the most expensive and nicest of cars. The doors are surprisingly unlocked and the keys are sitting on the dashboard.

I hop in a red corvette and stick the keys in the ignition. The engine purs smoothly as I back out of the driveway and onto the street.

I speed off on to a long clear road and ride for what seems like an hour until I reach a familiar area. It was a street that lead to my school. Was I seriously only and hours ride away from home?

I consider turning around and heading back seeing how Jake would freak if he woke up and I wasn't there but I decide on quickly stopping by the school.

I drive into the schools parking lot. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go in and say hi to anyone. I mean I had been gone for a almost three weeks now. Would my friends still be the same? What about Chase?

I put the car in park and get out. I walk into the entrance and look at the clock on the wall. 3 minutes until first period was over. Was I really going to do this? My breathing begins to heavy as the clock begins to tick. Two minutes. I could easily turn back now and go back to the mansion but I felt the need to see Chase. One minute.

Shit. I'm now standing outside Mr. Drakes room waiting for the bell to ring.

Times up. The bell rings and immediately people start flooding into the hall. I quickly hid around a corner so no one would see me. I watch the door as one by one everyone comes out.

The last person to walk out the room was Chase. He looked the same as I left him three weeks ago except there was a tiny scar along the top part of his forehead which was probably from the collision with the cabin at the party.

Seeing Chase reminded me of how much I missed my old life. So much has changed in the past few weeks that if I approached Chase I wouldn't even be sure if he could recognize me.

I watch him as he walks down the hall in my direction. As I was about to step out and greet him I see him wave to someone. I was confused at first but then I saw Rachel approaching him. Rachel looked as stunning as ever, it made me realize how glad I was that she wasn't taken along with me and El.

I slowly step out and begin to approach the two of them until I see them hug. He grasped her waisted the same way he did to me. He gently set her down and gave her a small peck on the lips. They both smile at each other before kissing once again.

My whole body froze. Maybe I was seeing things. I was probably dreaming and soon I would wake up and be in bed with Jake. I squeeze my eyes shut and re open them. I was still in the school and Chase and Rachel were still kissing. My bestfriend and boyfriend had both betrayed me. I could practically feel my heart break into half. My whole body shut down and I was unsure about what to do.

My eyes begin to fill with tears as I ran out the school entrance. How could this have all happens in a matter of a couple weeks? Water began to pour down the side of my cheeks as I got in the car and drove to the only place I felt safe. My home.

**Jakes POV**

I slowly start to wake up. I hadn't had a full nights rest in a long time and being able to sleep along side Sarah made it all the better. I reach my arms out for her to find that I was the only one in bed.

I shot up as quickly as I could and scan the entire area. I find no sign of Sarah anywhere. How could I have let her escape? No I was making accusations to quickly, she was probably just down stairs getting something to eat. I needed to clam down but a part of me still felt uneasy about her not being here.

I dart out of bed and rush out of the room. I look up and down the hall with no luck. I only find a single guard at by the front entrance. I quickly approach him and pin him against the wall.

"Where is Sarah," I demand.

"I-I don't know sir. The whole team has been searching the house with no luck. We assume she escaped through the front door when no one was there. I'm so sorry Sir," he stutters.

He was one of the younger guards and I could tell he was frightened by my presence. He should be. How could he have let my mate leave? She could be in serious danger by now and I could do nothing about it.

Even thinking about her being in danger sent me into a worry frenzy. I threw the guard to the side, launching him all the way across the room.

I threw the door open and ran outside. I notice that the red corvette was missing and that Sarah had been here. Her scent was fresh which meant she had been here no longer than an hour ago.

I quickly got into the black mustang and zoomed off into the direction of her scent. I stronger the scent got the closer I got to town.

I picked up speed as I neared the highschool where her scent was the freshest. I saw the red corvette parked out front and knew immediately that she was here. Shit.