Chapter 24

When Emmet said the next two days with him were going to be torture he was completely lying. Lets just say that was a massive understatement of the agonizing harrow that would take place .

The first morning I was woken up before the sun began to even peak. I have never been a morning person but waking me up before it's even morning was absolutely ridiculous. He gave me no time to even get ready, leaving me in an old pair of shorts and a t shirt that still had remains of demon blood on it.

He then lead me through the maze that he calls a home. Anytime I would try to ask a question or spark up a conversation he would either laugh or ignore me completely. It seemed like the more frustrated I got, the happier he was.

It wasn't until we reached the fully equipped indoor training center that I realized I would be in for a tough few days. It have every possible exercise and drill equipment that any body builder could dream of, including a intimidating rock wall, every weight lifting system ever invented, an Olympic sized pool, and to top it all off there was a huger than life obstacle course. My mind couldn't even being to ponder how this could all fit into one building.

"Impressive, aye?" he finally spoke.

"I've seen better," I respond devilishly.

"Well you best get used to this view because it's all you're going to be seeing ," he teased.

"I don't see a bathroom."

"If you have to use the restroom and may do so during your two allowed breaks per day, and will be escorted by me,"he grinned.

"What if I get hungry?" I ask, hoping to annoy him.

"If you train well then I might allow you some dinner," he responded.

"Well what-"

"No more questions. Lets began, shall we?"

I responded with a grunt, folding my already aching arms over my chest. "But first, here," he threw me a wad of clothes," change into these, quick, you have one minute."

"Where's the bathroom then?"

"No time for that, you can change here. I'll close my eyes," he winked before shutting his eyes as promised. As he did I quickly picked up what he had given me to wear. After turning around I completely striped myself of what I had on and threw on what consisted of tight black spandex shorts with an under armor top and athletic shoes. The shorts were a little short for my liking but complaining about something before we even start probably wasn't the best of ideas.

"Okay, I'm done," I say, turning back around to face him. He had already been facing me with eyes open.

"You have a beautiful ass," he chuckled.

"You little-"

"There will be no cursing in my gym with the exception of my own," he interrupted. Before I could respond he did.

"You can start by giving me twenty laps around the gym, no stopping, no talking,grunting, or whatever it is that you do till you are finished. Begin," he finished.

Was this a joke? First he watched me change then expects me to run? I don't run, nor have ever been good at it and I wasn't going to start now. Being a vampire was supposed to increase you speed agility and all other senses but i still couldn't bring myself to actually use those abilities. I look at the gym and estimated that running around the entire thing would probably measure up to be around half a mile. Hel-, I mean heck no.

"I'm sorry, did I stutter? I'm pretty sure I said to start,"he growled, becoming aggressive.

" Sorry, I don't run."

"And I don't put up with whiny drama queens, I guess we'll both be doing something we don't usually do, eh? Now run before I make you run," he spoke, with his intimidatingly deep Italian voice. I had no choice but to run, I did not want to find out what he would do to 'make' me run. Besides, it shouldn't be that hard, right?

Wrong. I was most defiantly wrong. For starters, I could barley make it past the first ten laps before having to slow down. Emmet wasn't to impressed with my stamina and decided for every time I would slow down, that would be another suicide at the end of the day. I think I totaled at around eight before I finally finished.

My body ached burned and stung all the same time,but I think the worse part of it all was that this was considered the 'warm up' for what was to come. What was even the point of training me for two days? That was not long enough to make a standing impact on my capabilities.

"Why?"I asked, momentarily stopping the pull ups Emmet now had me doing.

"I didn't say to stop. You may talk to me while you are working," he said not looking up from the gigantic book he had out. I grunted before hesitantly starting again. "Good girl, now what was it you were saying?"

"Why-are-you-having-me-do-this-when-I'll-only-be-here-for-two-days?," I questioned, only able to speak when I had my chin over the bar.

"Well darling, I'm not just gonna teach you what I know before I see if you have to strength to obtain it first," he responded.

"And-what-exactly-do-you-know?"

"Well wouldn't you like to know? How about this, you climb that rope over there and if you can reach the top I will tell you," he challenged.

"Deal," I accepted, jumping down. Though I was not good at running, climbing was my absolute forte. This would be a piece of cake. I have been climbing stuff ever since I could walk, from climbing up the rock wall the fastest in third grade, to climbing the social status bar in high school.

"Oh, and you've got to do it in sixty seconds too," he added.

"Sounds fair," I respond, approaching the rope. He set the time on his watch as I clasped my hands around the dry rope.

"Ready. Set. Go," he yelled.

I immediately wrapped my legs around and reached my arms upward, pulling my self higher and and towards my goal. I could feel the adrenaline rush through me like I would never stop. It wasn't until I realized that I was already at the top that I had got there in almost record breaking time.

"How fast was that coach?" I tease from the top of the very high rope.

"Twenty-one seconds. Very impressive Ms. Parker,"he shouted from the bottom.

"Call me Sarah. Now can I come down?"

"That would be nice," he responded.

I looked down to see just how high up I was. I could estimate it was about thirty maybe forty feet up per say? I started to make my way down when my right hand lost grip, suddenly I found myself falling towards the rough blue mats the he had laying on the ground for cushion. I expected no cushion for this fall, I closed my eyes and braces myself for what was soon to come. Why did I always have to be so clumsy? My mind went back to the last time I found myself in a situation like this.

"I began to rapidly climb the closest tree I could find. With every branch I climbed the more injuries I sustained. By the time I was half way there I was to weary to go any further. I stopped to catch my breathe but as I did I heard the loud crack of a branch breaking.

I quickly started to launch down towards the ground. I attempted to grab onto a branch but it only led to my arms getting substationly injured.

A loud yell escaped from my mouth as I neared the hard forest ground.

The impact was worse than I could have imagined. My head was the first to hit, followed by the rest of my useless body. If this didnt kill me I didn't know what would. My body ached from all ends and the warmth of my blood could be felt throughout me.

I was in so much pain that speaking wasn't even an option. I tried to scream but I couldn't even manage that. I could feel myself slowly dying. "

"Sarah! Open your eyes! We've got more work to do!"

My eyes shot open as the first thing I saw were his cloudy eyes. It took me a moment to grasp reality. I could feel my cheeks burn a crimson red when I discovered I was in his arms.

"What happened?"

"Well, you're stupidity caused you to fall, your lucky ass was saved because I happen to be standing close and I caught you. Now let's get back to work," he said gently returning me to my feet.

"T-thank you," I stutter, not understanding how I was able to almost relive that horrible moment.

"Yeah, just don't let it happen again. I don't like being nice," he chuckled.

"Wait," I chirped," you still have to tell me what you know. Why I am here."

"Oh yes, I thought you would forget. Ah, oh well.

Hmmm where to start, well to put it simply, I can manipulate living and not livings items with my mental ability, force them to do actions as I please. What those humans call it? Telekinesis! Yes that's it, telekinesis."

"Really?" I asked, astonished.

"Yes, I don't not lie. Now do you want to learn as well or are you just going to stand there with your jaw on the floor all day?"

"No no, I want to learn," I answer eagerly.

"Then let us begin."